Bally Bingo Pinball Simulators

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
jonesthegarage

Bally Bingo Pinball Simulators

Post by jonesthegarage »

I fell into the world of slots when I retired and started looking for a Bally Bingo pinball and anyone who has experience moving one of these machines will know that had they been around in ancient times then Hercules would have had 13 labours not 12.

Anyway thanks to some sterling effort by an enthusiast in the low countries you can now enjoy quite a few variants of these pinballs on yor PC.

I am not a fan of simulators generally as you can't really replace the smell of the crowd and the roar of the greasepaint as the old misquote goes but these are really quite good (and FREE)

http://www.bingo.joopriem.nl/
coppinpr

Re: Bally Bingo Pinball Simulators

Post by coppinpr »

Thanks for posting these sims, When I was a kid these were still around but disapering fast as the flipper machines took over. They interested me but as a big fan of flipper machines I never really understood them,they seemed a quick way to lose your money to me. These sims are a great way to learn how these massive machines worked and what the features were. very interesting, thanks again.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I never really understood the play on these machines either, but loved the look of them, thanks for posting. :cool:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

after trying out several of the machines on this great set of sims I have come to three conclusions,
1. I still think they are fascinating machines,
2. I still dont understand them and
3. yes they were a quick way to lose your money.

Ive tried many pin table sims over the years and have to say this one dose have a good feel of realism and nostalgia about it.
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

They were gambling machines, first and last. They are the reason why all replay pinballs, even the innocuous flipper types, were banned in cities like New York. I have seen someone rack up hundreds of replays on a Bingo and been paid off in cash by the barkeeper.

Curse you, Jones the Garage! I went to that site, and now I'll get no more work done this month!
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

I had to come back and rave a bit about these games. They are dead on accurate in every detail - what a splendid effort.

For people who don't know how to play these machines, you don't just play one coin or credit. Every credit you play can step up the features and payouts - may do so - each coin is a little gamble in itself. The first three always step up the scores and may or may not step up the features. After that it can be hit and miss. I usually play between 10 and 20 credits. Keep stuffing coins until you get the features you want, bearing in mind that you don't want to spend more than a 3-in-line win. The more coins you play, the harder it is to win an advance - it can be a bit demoralizing stuffing coin after coin and nothing at all advancing. Yesterday I had to play more than 60 credits for a single game of Key West because I couldn't get the magic squares to light. By the time they eventually did, all the scores were maxed out and I won 192 replays for three in a line.

On some of the machines you have to press a button to collect your scores - that's because you can very often change the numbers around. Red, yellow, green lines all pay separately, so you can win on a red line and then maybe move the numbers with the magic squares to make a yellow line and win again. It will pay out mid game. If you get three in line in 3 balls it will pay that out after the third ball, then if the 4th ball adds to the line it will pay you the difference.

The game isn't over when it's over. You can buy extra balls for more credits. Each coin is, again, a gamble, and getting the 3rd extra ball can be very expensive, but if (say) any of 10 pockets is going to make a winner, it can be well worth it.

These were by far the most entertaining "bandits" ever made. I'm so glad to have these simulations.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I too felt I had to come back on this thread and say what a remarkable site the Bally bingo is ( http://www.bingo.joopriem.nl/)

As I said before, these machines were still around when I was a kid but fading fast and cost a lot to play correctly so I looked,dabbled and then left alone,never having enough money to learn them fully.
Now I've had the chance to dig so much deeper I can see the appeal of these in their day. The sim site is a great place just to play the games but its also an important slot history site, very few people would have a clue what these were about,just looking at the machines tells you nothing but once you get into them they are great games. Perfectly simulated machines right down to the noise these monsters made,it all came back to me when I heard one running, fizzing, clicking and buzzing, you can just feel the thing chunking away inside. After a few games your experience from other games starts to kick in, you think, OK, one advance unit handles this and another handles that, you soon note that the most important visible switch is the one that registers each ball entering the playfield. You just yearn to take a look inside while it's cranking away. A great site and an important one. Download the dashboard and get to know these great machines !!THUMBSX2!!
Attachments
bingo 2.jpg