Cricket game - what can you tell me?

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
chico

Cricket game - what can you tell me?

Post by chico »

I bought a wooden cased allwin type the size of a wall game from New Zealand about eight years ago. It had a painted cricket pitch with players and trees in the background on the wooden playfield. Not the playfield but the cabinet was a right old mess when I got it. I did some major restoration on the it and while restoring broke my arm. I sold it soon after on ebay. I just thought I wanted rid as soon as possible. Maybe it was cursed. I hope the bloke I sold it to didn't come to any harm! You flicked a coin into metal tracks on the playfield. I can't remember the name of the machine but think it could have been made by BMCo or something like that? Now after all these years I wish I never sold it as I've never seen another since come up for sale.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Cricket game- what can you tell me?

Post by pennymachines »

I think you're describing the Miniature Cricket. These very simple 'coin play - coin return' games which included (amongst others) The Lighthouse, Over The Falls, Shooting the Rapids and Over the Alps are quite rare and were made by Bolland's Supply Co.
Attachments
miniatureCricket.jpg
chico

Re: Cricket game- what can you tell me?

Post by chico »

That's the one Pennymachines. Mine never had the top wooden cricket sign, just the same wooden cabinet as shown. I thought it looked old and was a rare looking find by me at the time. Shame it was sold before your website started as I never knew the name or maker of it when it went on ebay. Oh well, regrets there's been plenty during my time collecting then selling on some of my machines over the years. Thanks.