Conveyor project added to the collection

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
ddstoys

Re: Conveyor project added to the collection

Post by ddstoys »

Thanks again Rory your help and knowledge is overwhelming.

I had a play today with some hydrocloric acid on an old pinball apron and pretty happy how it works was pretty nervous that's for sure specially when it dropped onthe concrete and fizzed like in the movies hahahah
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Cool Dan. The acid works quicker when you keep replenishing on the rusty areas so rubbing with a rag or brush is good. On rusty metal surfaces without paint I often use coarse steel wool to speed up the action. Though usually metal I get is totally rusted so I'll just drop the whole part in a bucket full of acid and leave it to do the work with a little agitation.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

That is a cool job done, looks like new. Was it just the blue repainted, must have taken ages to mask off.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Tree, this was a while ago so I'm slightly vaguer than normal......I was experimenting with techniques on this one and actually hand painted the blue to keep some imperfections and match in with the rest of the slightly weathered silkscreened ink. The rest of it just needed the odd touch up where it was fading away. Before retouching I sprayed a very thin coat of clear lacquer over it to stabilize and that brightened all the colours no end. I've learnt the hard way about this after re-touching things and clear afterwards only to have the original colours change enough that I've had to re-re-touch my handiwork! :o :cry: