ACE Automatic Coin Eqpt "Ring-a-bell"

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
clubconsoles

Re: ACE Automatic Coin Eqpt "Ring-a-bell"

Post by clubconsoles »

perspex is too brittle IMO.
Go to any comprehensive glazing company and ask for 5 - 6 mm polycarbonate (same stuff used for police riot sheilds)
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Why not use glass? !PUZZLED!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Polycarb scratches way too easily for use on any surface other than vertical. Just the dust that collects and then wiped off will quickly scratch it up, let alone people touching it and dropping coins etc. We used to rent old jukeboxes for parties in the 70's to 90's and in the late 80's my father purchased a then very expensive sheet of Lexan to replace glasses that occasionally got smashed and caused more trouble with beer getting in the machines than anything else. These were mid 60's AMI models with horizontal glasses just like this slot machine. They looked good for about 2 months and then I had to polish them once a week with a car buffer. But they never looked like glass again and quickly went a little wonky and made the labels hard to read, so we removed them all and I'm still using up pieces of that leftover Lexan!
livinginthepast

Post by livinginthepast »

These are straightforward machines to work on but as I remember everything is working on 240 volts so be careful. Make sure all earth links are connected. Good luck.