Like a Cascade, but bigger

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
timearl

Like a Cascade, but bigger

Post by timearl »

Hi Folks,

Forgive me if I’m telling you something you already know. I just signed up the other day to find out the name of a machine I remember from many years ago (which turned out to be a Cascade).

Anyway, while searching for it online, I discovered that there's a similar machine in Norway called a Kronespill. I Searched on this site and didn’t get any hits, so I thought you may not have seen it. It comes in a variety of designs, some of which look more elaborate than the Cascade. Just do a web search and set your display option to images and you’ll see it.

Tim
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Like a Cascade, but bigger

Post by pennymachines »

Hi and :WELCOME:
This type of game seems to originate from Germany or Scandinavia. A few of the many varieties can be seen here: Dropcase games. Norwegian member Bamsefar1 is our expert on them. The Bell Fruit Cascade seems to be a relatively late incarnation, probably copied from a 1930s German design. The size of the coin to some extent dictated the size of the game.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Hello and welcome,
Do you have any machines yourself? Sounds like you should :D but beware... buy one, buy another, this leads to... irate wives, greasy kitchen tables and new larger sheds. :cool:
timearl

Post by timearl »

coppinpr wrote: Do you have any machines yourself?
Alas no, I do most of my collecting in my head. Worse still, I'm temporarily stuck in one room with all my stuff in storage, so not any time soon I suspect. (Although I have just picked up a jigsaw on ebay, so I might have a go at making one - it's not as if I have anything better to do ...).

BTW, I'm surprised to find the Cascade is so common, in the days when I frequented arcades I only ever saw one.

Tim