Electric Bally Mazooma Bell

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
coppinpr

Electric Bally Mazooma Bell

Post by coppinpr »

I know we don't look into this type of machine very often but this one is a bit special and it does fall into our machine era. There was one of these Bally Mazooma Bell machines in the snooker hall that was my main haunt in 1966 and it really played well, interesting, compulsive and fun to play. More like a pinball inside than the later electronic slots this machine had a payout between 2 and 2000! This one is on ebay at the moment and in near perfect condition. I don't know what this kind of electric reel display was called but it seemed to work very well to me. One of the very few all electric machines I would like to own, but too big and too expensive. :-(
Attachments
mazooma screen.jpg
mazooma inside1.jpg
bally mazooma bell.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Electric Bally Mazooma Bell

Post by pennymachines »

coppinpr wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:22 pm I don't know what this kind of electric reel display was called but it seemed to work very well to me.
Discussed here:
Operator Bell wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:48 am "Panascope" was Keeney's name for the displays. Bally called them the "Score-a-Scope". Their real name was "In-Line Readout" and they were made by a company in LA called IEE, Industrial Electrical Engineers. Originally they were made to display numbers for the new digital instruments that were coming along with the space program.