Le Conquerant French Wall Machine

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
hottoddy

Le Conquerant French Wall Machine

Post by hottoddy »

Hi,

I just found this French Wall Machine. I can't find anything on-line about it. Is anyone familiar with this game?

Thanks!
Attachments
le conquerant.jpg
le conquerant 1.jpg
moonriver

Re: Le Conquerant French Wall Machine

Post by moonriver »

Is this machine destined to go on eBay for 2 years at $29,000 or best offer? :HaHa:
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

One of the larger French wall machine collections to go under the hammer was the Bernard Pansu collection in 2004. Looking at the catalog, there are several similar machines although not this specific game. All the machines are in the 1910 to 1912 range. Bussoz was a predominate manufacturer although one of many. Some of the games are simply listed as "France." This may be one.

J Peterson
Named in America
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

moonriver wrote: Is this machine destined to go on eBay for 2 years at $29,000 or best offer? :HaHa:
Wow - is somebody asking that for it? :o

Typically elegant French allwin. Jean Lemaitre's first book includes a quite similar game called Le Mignon, 1911 (maker unknown).

leMignon.jpg

Classic game but unusually large, suggesting the manufacturer wanted to break a record. A second version has a much more appropriate name: The
Giant.
sweetmeats

Post by sweetmeats »

These French 'allwin' style machines all are made before 1915. As I understand from a French collector I met in Paris some years ago, the two factories where they were made were both bombed by Zeppelin bombers during the war. Subsequent machines made after the war were only the three choice roulette style machines.