English exports

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
jailtime10

English exports

Post by jailtime10 »

Many years ago I purchased Coin-Ops from a dealer who imported containers from /\UK/\ ...........they were never very popular in !!USA!! because of the coinage. Do these look familiar ????? ..... They may have ended back where they belong. !PARTY! !PARTY! !PARTY! !PARTY!

The English slot is the one on the left..
Attachments
Slot-Machines---1a.jpg
Photo-2-of-3a.jpg
Photo-3-of-3a.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: English exports

Post by pennymachines »

Yes, that one's familiar. It goes under various names: Egyptian Bell, Sphinx, All British Bell Fruit and was made by Bert Firman of Nottingham.
jailtime10

Post by jailtime10 »

I acquired this !!USA!! fortune teller "MADAME ZITA" from another British container shipment. It has some features that are different from the others I have seen which leads me to believe that it was made for export to /\UK/\

The card mech is different and I am not sure if the cards are interchangeable with the others.

How could you Brits let this one get away ?????????? !PUNISH! :shock: :shock:

Where were you all when they were loading all those containers ????? !PUZZLED! !PUZZLED! !PUZZLED!

OH, by the way, did I forget to mention that the last one of these sold in Las Vegas in 2016 for $ 210,000

!TWWP! .........I will add one tonight when my son arrives with his teck skills.. !!COOEE!! :tarah: :byee:
jailtime10

Post by jailtime10 »

Here is the photo of Madame Zita.
Attachments
Photo-4a.jpg
jailtime10

Post by jailtime10 »

A SPECIAL NOTICE to participants of the "Great Train Robbery" !SHOOT! !SHOOT! !LOZEN! !LOZEN! !!BANGBANG!! !!BANGBANG!!

If you collect coin-ops you had better stop licking your chops....... !TEASE! !TEASE! !TEASE! !TEASE!

95% of my collection was sold off years ago... :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :tarah: :tarah: :tarah: :tarah: :tarah:
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Wow, that was a hell of a good find! And from the looks of it was in great condition when you got it. Was this in the 1970s? All the Roovers machines are truly magical.
jailtime10

Post by jailtime10 »

This little guy, Puss In Boots", is another member of a family of fortune tellers manufactured by Roovers Bros. N.Y.
He did not travel with his sister, "Madame Zita", to /\UK/\ .....sadly, he was hijacked to an auction in LasVegas :!:

While he looked like he just stepped off the assembly line, he was not working and the auctioneer had lost the key.
However, I was assured by the staff that he was alive and well but just needed a squirt of oil, a slight adjustment, and some TLC... !!HAHA!! !!HAHA!! !!HAHA!! !!HAHA!! !!HAHA!!
When you hear these words...RUN FOR THE CLOSEST EXIT. !!ESCAPE!! !!ESCAPE!!

Instead, I was the successful bidder...( If there was such a thing as a STUPID SMILIE, I would post one here) '!'

When I finally drilled the lock, I found that poor "PUSS" had very few inards and had died a long time prior to the auction..........MORAL OF STORY "BUYER BEWARE"

In reply to GAMESWAT.....these events took place prior to 2000 :tarah: :tarah: :tarah: :tarah: :tarah

Again, I will post a picture when my son arrives.
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

One thing I forgot to mention Jail was that your Zita cabinet appears much taller than any of the others I can think of.

Regarding your Puss in Boots, I'd be thrilled to only have a missing mechanism! My Puss did in fact travel to Britain with Zita, but alas he left the arcade game at some point and then became a drummer........... :o !OMFG!
Attachments
puss.jpg
puss-uncovered1.jpg
jailtime10

Post by jailtime10 »

INTRODUCING MR. "PUSS-IN-BOOTS" !PARTY! !PARTY! !PARTY! !!YIPPEE!! !!YIPPEE!! !!YIPPEE!! :boing!: :boing!: CoNgRaTs CoNgRaTs !!BANANA!! !!PINEAPPLE!! !!PINEAPPLE!! !SQUELCH! !SQUELCH! :claps: :claps: :-O-: :-O-: :boing!: :boing!: !!YABBADABBA!! !!YABBADABBA!! !!CHEERS!! !!CHEERS!! !!CHEERS!!
Attachments
Photo1a.jpg