Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
chief engineer

One from the loft

Postby chief engineer » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:34 pm

As a very new member to the Penny Machines forum I thought I would share and also see if any one has any further info on a wall mounted penny machine I was given around 15/20 years ago. (Apologies for the poor pictures, I stored this machine up in my parents loft and was struggling without a torch to take the pictures in the dark)

I am thinking mid to late 60’s, with it's Formica case. Play is priced at 1np but the payout tube has the usual sleeve reducer inserted from the old 1d. I have seen similar wall machines which utilised GPO style relays but when comparing the wiring, this machine is a little poor in the neatness of the harness and the pvc colours and terminal blocks do look slightly modern. No name tag what so ever, although it looks a little home made, the glass is a proper screen print. I have never even plugged it in, but would love to find out its origins.

The percentage payout was certainly set in the operators favour!

CE
shootthebanditsffza.jpg
stbbackboxza.jpg
stbbb2za.jpg
stbdoorza.jpg
stbperctswtz.ajpg.jpg

13rebel

Re: One from the loft

Postby 13rebel » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:56 pm

Great artwork on that machine. Possibly distributed (but not made?) by Golding Automatics of Colchester, Essex. 66% payout is about the norm for this type of machine but 50% is mean!

moonriver

Postby moonriver » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:41 am

Nice rare machine.

special when lit

Postby special when lit » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:06 pm

Don't know anything about it, but it's a cool looking machine.