RAF @ 100

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
chief engineer

RAF @ 100

Post by chief engineer »

RAF @ 100

When I went looking in my parents garage today to uncover what machine parts I had left there probably 30 years ago, it seemed only right when I saw the front glass of this Bell Fruit bandit to pay tribute to the Guy’s and Girl’s of the RAF both past and present who have served this country, some giving the ultimate sacrifice. This year being the celebratory 100 years since the RAF was formed.

Before I mention the machine, I did wonder if the squadron code on the plane was a valid one, certainly the RG prefix lists four possible squadrons, the identifier appears to be an F, sadly I can’t find it mentioned, so one of the many that went unmentioned or maybe a bit of artistic licence.

No. 208 Squadron , No. 510 Squadron, No. 1472 Flight , Station Flight RAF Earls Colne

Back to the machine, obviously post decimal in date and although I could not get the bottom door fully open I am sure it has a cam unit inside for the payout. I certainly had a couple of these which sadly got dismantled, this one has lost one of the aluminium side trims. I am sure this machine came with different game glasses, fruits or Tic-Tac-Toe??

CE
Attachments
20180817_132809za.jpg
20180817_132855za.jpg
20180817_132905za.jpg
20180817_132919za.jpg
brigham

Re: RAF @ 100

Post by brigham »

The famous 'Action Line', with the Bell Fruit version of the Watling mech.
I've always fancied one of these, but, as you say, it's a decimal machine from new, and I'm trying to avoid such things.
It has the wrong reel strips, by the look of it, so there must have been variants.
It followed-on from the brewery-themed pub machines, of which I have the Double Diamond version.
A good machine, if you can stick New Penny play.