Barn fresh Bryans Hidden Treasure

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
clubconsoles

Barn fresh Bryans Hidden Treasure

Post by clubconsoles »

OK, so this just made it into my workshop today.
Because of this Covid crisis, I thought I would try and restore something a bit different.
I know nothing about Bryans machines as I have only restored Bandits in the past, so a few questions.
1. How do you get the mech out of the case?
2. It cycles but comes to a stop immediately with no swinging of the pendulums. I can see an air damper at the top. Can that be serviced/adjusted?
3. Does anyone have a spare top casting and plunger button at the front they would like to sell me!

Thanks all
Nigel
Attachments
c56f64c8-fd3b-4e2a-97b9-aa5e6bf733af.jpg
f5a6bb45-f563-433d-9d53-87c8dd9733dc.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Barn fresh Bryans Hidden Treasure

Post by pennymachines »

1. Not sure. I think, like the early Clock, it's a matter of undoing several nuts and bolts that anchor it. I think the crank key can stay on as it's designed to slot through the front casting.

2. Yes, the air damper will have dried up. You need to disassemble it and rehydrate the leather seal with glycerine (also called glycerol, glycerin). See instructions glued to your mech door.
Attachments
instruct.jpg
Seal
Seal
seal.jpg (12.05 KiB) Viewed 2655 times
Glycerine
Glycerine
tallstory

Post by tallstory »

If you have to replace the washer, there are several sellers of leather cup washers on Ebay. Soak them in Glycerol overnight before use.
clubconsoles

Post by clubconsoles »

thank you pennymachines and tallstory.
Dissembled the pump and soaked the washer in hot water and then applied some buttercream and works a treat.
All the jackpot mechanism is complete and is revealed by a sliding door every play and hidden again at end of each cycle, so you have to play it once to see if the jackpot is worth trying for !PUZZLED! !PUZZLED!
All i need is the coin entry casting and a skill stop plunger. i could probably make a plunger if someone could show me what one looks like?. will need dimensions too, of course.
thanks again