Genco Pontiac pinball

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
dutchboy

Genco Pontiac pinball

Post by dutchboy »

Today I picked my first pinball ever, a Genco Pontiac from probably 1934. I allways liked the looks of these machines but never came across one. This one has character I think with the indian heads and feathers on the playfield. It’s missing the rail to guide the ball into the game and the guides near three holes. Sorry for the words I am using for these parts but I think you will know what I mean :D .
Recently I took the mechanism of my Jennings Star Chief apart so now have to hurry to put it back together to start with this one.
Greetings
Attachments
D6E1794F-0F37-47C7-99CF-87F177CBB330a.jpg
4DDD9C4A-8978-4B2F-BE3A-0F17B2BDFB84a.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Genco Pontiac pinball

Post by pennymachines »

I had one of these when I started collecting but, as I had no books or internet to tell me, I didn't know it was a Genco Pontiac. The mechanical score counter and flip-down toilet seat lids* are cool features. !THUMBS!

*Correct use of technical jargon
walternewton

Post by walternewton »

Really nice deco style, and the cast parts on the playfield just add to the value.

I use to collect early pin tables, this would have been a nice addition to one of my earlier collections.

Is it coined to English pennies or American pennies/nickels?
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

I don’t know yet what coinage it will take. I did give it a quick clean because it was hanging on the wall in a bar for manny years. The toiletseats are a bit stiff but they work. There are only two reals present instead of four on the counter. Will be fun.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

interesting choice of name, using the Canadian Indian chief plus one of the stylised Pontiac logos used by the car company, also interesting that it uses the same casting as Boland used. (with a couple of in fills)
finished2s.jpg
finished2s.jpg (58.07 KiB) Viewed 2801 times

ddstoys

Post by ddstoys »

Gorgeous pin - they sure had good taste back then. My 1934 Exhibit Rebound always gets so many compliments and plays compared to the more modern pinballs.

dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

That’s a very nice game ddtoys! I have to be aware of not getting addicted to these games. Sadly space is limited. Thanks for sharing.
cait001

Post by cait001 »

If you want a thread of more Gencos, be sure to check out https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic ... wners-club
dutchboy

Post by dutchboy »

Thank you cait001, I have a lot to learn about these machines so the information is appreciated. !THUMBS!