Baker bites the dust

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
roger

Baker bites the dust

Post by roger »

My life-long fascination with coin=ops began when I was very young... A neighbourhood convenience store had a gumball machine called BAKER BOY....You simply inserted your penny and the BAKER would scoop up a gumball which, magically, was delivered to the patron.

This coin-op wizardry would entice me into lifelong hobby. I bought my first Baker Boy in my early days of collecting. I flipped the little guy for a tidy profit. NO PROBLEM, as machines were always available at rock bottom prices. And then, "POOOF", seemingly overnight, there was a proliferation of literature,dealers,price guides, and high profile
auctions. Prices of my Baker Boy went thru the roof and my baker was lost forever.

Now that I have you in tears, would you please help me find my cute little friend with the funny white hat ??? :'( :'( :'(
If nothing else, would you please post a few notes of sympathy. ROGER
Attachments
Baker.jpg
john t peterson

Re: Baker bites the dust

Post by john t peterson »

Roger,

Seller's Regret comes with the territory. Most of us sell items from our collection as we "upgrade" to nicer or more rare items. Unless you have unlimited space and budget, selling as you grow is a necessary feature of collecting. It's important to remember that all these things we love are ultimately just "stuff" and we are custodians for a brief period of time. If you enjoyed Mr. Baker during your ownership, that should be sufficient. For most of us, the regret part is really a yearning for our youth, never to be reclaimed.

J Peterson
Regretfully your in America
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

John, your poignant and erudite reply is, as always, very well expounded. !SMARTY! :didact: !SMARTY!
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

:woops:
roger

Post by roger »

Woe is me....
Many years ago Knotts Berry Farm, in California, had a large number of these Baker gumballs spread out over their entire amusement park. Maintaining these little guys became a big problem so they were put away into storage.

Some enterprising guy beat me to the draw and scooped up the entire lot. ROGER
small cry.jpg
small cry.jpg (6.88 KiB) Viewed 450 times