Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

FREE MACHINES ... FREE MACHINES ...FREE MACHINES ...

Postby badpenny » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:58 am

FREE MACHINES ... FREE MACHINES ...FREE MACHINES ...

I've placed this under Recent Discoveries as it could be your most recent discovery!!!!

There is little hope of peace and tranquillity breaking out in the Badpenny household until the machines below are found new homes!!

So help yourselves!!!!!

The first one is a Thos. Bergmann Imperator electro mech 1957, inside looks complete, but who knows? (is there another in existence?)
The second is a double sweet vendor on a stand.

These have to go in a fortnight or be scrapped (not my decision you understand- I'm lucky to have negotiated a fortnight reprieve) they are currently under a plastic sheet in the back garden. I have no intention of relating the conversation that has led to this decision, I'm sure most of you have already heard something similar in your time. ;(

They are FREE FREE FREE FREE, but you must collect, I can not send, I can not store any longer than Sunday August 17.
closed.jpg
open.jpg
sweety.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: FREE MACHINES ... FREE MACHINES ...FREE MACHINES ...

Postby badpenny » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:11 am

If any of you have pm'd about the above, I have answered but the replies seem to be sitting in my out box rather than my sent box. So: -
  • Yes they are still available

No I haven't promised anything to anyone yet

I have no idea what coinage anything is on

I have not tested anything and no guarantee or warranty is given or implied (counting teeth in gift horses mouths springs to mind)

Sorry, I can not store them inside until collected, If I was allowed to do that, I wouldn't be getting rid of them in the first place would I?

The German one is about waist height, but not really heavy.

Yes, the Imperator's bottom does look a little manky, so would yours if you were forced to live in the garden. However it is still firm (unlike mine) and I believe more water marked then anything.

So you think I deserve to be "tarred and feathered" for thinking of scrapping such a unique machine? Well get your arse in gear drive over to Coventry and save it, all for the price of the fuel!

No I don't have anything more desirable to dispose of for free, gratis and nothing but thanks for enquirying.

I'll stick a label on the sweet vendor with your name and address if you want to arrange your own courier, but not the other one.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:24 am

I've just had another question ...........

No I'm not prepared to keep the machines and give Doff away!

It's not her fault that I am totally unreasonable in trying to fill her house up with blah blah blah.....

And why she should feel the need to swing a cat without smacking its brains out on a slot machine is totally beyond me, however it's her cat.

john t peterson

Postby john t peterson » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:53 pm

I might be interested in the cat. Would that solve the problem? :shock:

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:19 pm

John T. Peterson wrote:I might be interested in the cat. Would that solve the problem? :shock:
Thanks for the offer John, however now that the decision has been made that the two machines can live in the garden for 13 days (and counting) before being scrapped, I am assured that there is no longer a "problem" :-(

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:30 pm

The German machine has gone (subject to collection) now about this sweet vendor?????

terry

Postby terry » Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:24 pm

Shame it's gone....you could have doubled it up as another compost bin...the one behind looks full! :D

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:25 am

You mean the Bryan's Bumper just to the left? Yeah, you're right we filled that bugger up three years ago ;)

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:02 am

Badpenny wrote:The German machine has gone (subject to collection) now about this sweet vendor?????
Hi badpenny! :D I would just like to say thank you for the Imperator. The machine is in far better condition than I expected and is currently drying out in my workshop ready for me to start work on it. It also looks to have all its original parts, and thanks also for your hospitality and the guided tour of your collection of machines. I am now on the lookout for a wiring diagram for this machine if anyone has one. Regards Stuart.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:00 pm

My pleasure Stuart, the machine was free, however if you want the wiring diagram that's £3,400-17s-6d. :mrgreen:

Now then everybody about this sweet vendor...................