FREE MACHINES ... FREE MACHINES ...FREE MACHINES ...

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: FREE MACHINES ... FREE MACHINES ...FREE MACHINES ...

Post by badpenny »

Well the two weeks deadline has passed and only the German monster has been snaffled up, the little sweety vendor remains unloved.

Therefore I have had no other option than to plead beg and lie to Doff and she has extended the warrant of execution for another ten days, just to shut me up.

So some lucky somebody has until 28 August to claim it.
Don't be shy! :?
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Babpenny, :D Nice sweet vendor! I used to have one just like it :roll:. Thanks again for the Imperator !!THUMBSX2!! , restoration is well underway now as you can see from the photo, I am also going to add a page to my website: http://www.slotmachines.bravehost.com dedicated to the restoration, when I get the time that is. :tarah:

Now about this sweet vendor! come on give the man a break - it's free, and would look good in your games room/bar!
Attachments
P9270001a.jpg
Last edited by slotalot on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi All :D , As some of you may know I have been busy for the last few months putting some new life back into the Bergman Imperator that was gifted to me by a fellow slottie (thanks Badpenny), and things are going quite well !!THUMBSX2!! , It is starting to look quite smart and I have managed to make sense of the mass of wires and relays, and I have had it up and running :*** with lots of flashing lights and clicking relays :*** I am now working on a new glass for it. :*: But can anyone help me with the instruction transfer (see photo) this photo was taken from an other machine but I can not see what it says :oops: Has anyone got a clear photo of this lable that I can make a copy from :?:. I will post some more photos of the machine when it is finished, both here and on my own website. :tarah:
Attachments
imp lable.jpg
imp lable.jpg (23.15 KiB) Viewed 5361 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well done S, you've really transformed that poor old beasty.

The decal you're pointing to translates into English as: -

"After full renovation please return to Badpenny" :P
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Now Now Badpenny :tut you have too many toys already :D .
Anyway Mrs Slotalot says it should have a plaque there with her name on it :*:
After all I have spent more money and time on the Imperator this year than I have on her :oops:
It's a good job she understands me !WORSHIPFULL!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

At Last!... I am happy with it :D
Now I need another project :claps:..... Now if I can just find another bundle of firewood or a box of bits at the auction that will be me sorted for the winter hibernation..... :tarah:
Attachments
finnish1.jpg
finnish2.jpg
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Beautiful job, Mr. S@L. Well done!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Utterly fantastic S. I knew it was going to the right person , and am delighted.
Now about this sweety vendor I've still got to get rid of ............... :mrgreen:
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

You really have made a first class job of it, I've just flicked back to the before pics! Hard to believe it's the same machine, I don't know where you find the time. I have a few machines waiting for various jobs ranging from minor to major lumps of time (as I suspect do a lot of our members). Luckily Badpenny stored it carefully whilst it was in his possession otherwise it would have been really rough. I will be transferring some of my projects up the garden next to our compost bin asap now I know that's the proper way to store machines!

Well done.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The sun is shining, outside it's 12degrees Centigrade (which is 4 miles 2 shillings & and an ounce in real money) I have a Harley aching to get back out on the road, and what do you think Mrs Badpenny wants to do?
Yes.... you've guessed it Ruin-it-Yourself. I've been dragged down to GroanBase and am now about to paper the carpet or something.
So what's all this to do with slots I hear you ignore. Well seeing as you're all on the edge of your seats with apathy I'll tell you.

I've just had to clear the shelves in the front room and have discovered another freebie to pass on.
Namely: -
An original technical owner/operator 5 page manual, for something called an Imperator made by a company called Th. Bergmann & Co. of Hamburg.
It's for a machine serial number 70371256 manufactured on the 31 Marz 1957 The Head of Technical thingies delighting n the name of Dr. Lob

I think I used to have one of these once ....... can't really remember ........ I feel strangley drawn towards compost, don't know what's going on there?

Any old how I don't suppose it's of any interest to anyone on reflection as it's all in German, folded in two and held together by 2 rusty old staples.

So unless somebody called Stuart really wants it I'll chuck it any minute now. ;-)
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Badpenny wrote:So unless somebody called Stuart really wants it I'll chuck it any minute now. ;-)
Hi Badpenny :D ,My name is Stuart %|%....and I am sure I have one of them machines in my collection - do I qualify?.... My heart goes out to you... poor man having to do the desperating thing... when we all know that you should be in your shed working on something important. I had better not let Mrs slotalot !WORSHIPFULL! see this post as she might get me at it, once she knows it's permitted :oops: ...
And 'Yes please', I would love to have the instruction book to keep with the machine, !!THUMBSX2!! ... How would you like to do this?.. :tarah:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I'll stand under the clock on the corner with it wrapped in a brown paper plastic carrier bag. You'll recognise me because I'll be wearing a red carnation in the buttonhole of my Scot's Grenadier ceremonial uniform which is nicely set off with yellow piping on all of the seams.
Alternativley I could post it ........... I'll pm you.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

If anyone wishes to take this Löwen Jacky Super wall bandit off my hands (before I drop it) please contact me via the Forum.
The pink tubes light when switched on and the amp crackles, but I don't have any German Pfennigs to test the game.

Bit of info about the Jacky Super: Jacky Triomint Super
Autoamtenpedia 1990
Attachments
Jacky.jpg
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

OK - I gave it to the rag and bone man.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

Was his name 'Arold by any chance!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

No, it was Albert Edward Ladysmith Steptoe his-self. Course I had to pay him to lug it away.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I've just gone out for a wander around my compost heap. Who can identify the machines I found?

inthesnow.jpg

The winner gets the sweety vendor I threatened you all with over a year ago, and I still have (see the beginning of this thread)

Badpenny
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

That thing on the right side is "Pot-O-Green" by Sega.

J. Peterson
Your American Horticulturist
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Badpenny :D ,
I see that just like last year’s crop you have planted them too close together again. :oops: I think you need a little more practice when pricking out !.... PS I like the snow... where did you get it? :tarah:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I need more practice when I do what Slotalot? In this weather? I've given that pass time up until at least Muck Spreading Tuesday has come and gone. Anyway, my probationary officer recommended that in future I just hand out flyers describing my prowess instead of displaying it on street corners and inviting comment from passers by. Not so much fun I'll warrant, but cheaper in the long run with much less use of cold sore ointment.

Anyway, have I mentioned that I have a pair of framed sweety vendors free to a good home?
snowvendors.jpg

As you can see, they are of the two seater variety with 6 speed gears.

Please form an orderly queue 'round the apple tree in my front garden.

Badpenny

Edited to correct a grammatical error that left the above incomprehensible even to me!