FREE MACHINES ... FREE MACHINES ...FREE MACHINES ...

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I've placed this under Recent Discoveries as it could be your most recent discovery!!!!

There is little hope of peace and tranquillity breaking out in the Badpenny household until the machines below are found new homes!!

So help yourselves!!!!!

The first one is a Thos. Bergmann Imperator electro mech 1957, inside looks complete, but who knows? (is there another in existence?)
The second is a double sweet vendor on a stand.

These have to go in a fortnight or be scrapped (not my decision you understand- I'm lucky to have negotiated a fortnight reprieve) they are currently under a plastic sheet in the back garden. I have no intention of relating the conversation that has led to this decision, I'm sure most of you have already heard something similar in your time. ;(

They are FREE FREE FREE FREE, but you must collect, I can not send, I can not store any longer than Sunday August 17.
Attachments
closed.jpg
open.jpg
sweety.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: FREE MACHINES ... FREE MACHINES ...FREE MACHINES ...

Post by badpenny »

If any of you have pm'd about the above, I have answered but the replies seem to be sitting in my out box rather than my sent box. So: -
  • Yes they are still available

No I haven't promised anything to anyone yet

I have no idea what coinage anything is on

I have not tested anything and no guarantee or warranty is given or implied (counting teeth in gift horses mouths springs to mind)

Sorry, I can not store them inside until collected, If I was allowed to do that, I wouldn't be getting rid of them in the first place would I?

The German one is about waist height, but not really heavy.

Yes, the Imperator's bottom does look a little manky, so would yours if you were forced to live in the garden. However it is still firm (unlike mine) and I believe more water marked then anything.

So you think I deserve to be "tarred and feathered" for thinking of scrapping such a unique machine? Well get your arse in gear drive over to Coventry and save it, all for the price of the fuel!

No I don't have anything more desirable to dispose of for free, gratis and nothing but thanks for enquirying.

I'll stick a label on the sweet vendor with your name and address if you want to arrange your own courier, but not the other one.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I've just had another question ...........

No I'm not prepared to keep the machines and give Doff away!

It's not her fault that I am totally unreasonable in trying to fill her house up with blah blah blah.....

And why she should feel the need to swing a cat without smacking its brains out on a slot machine is totally beyond me, however it's her cat.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

I might be interested in the cat. Would that solve the problem? :shock:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

John T. Peterson wrote:I might be interested in the cat. Would that solve the problem? :shock:
Thanks for the offer John, however now that the decision has been made that the two machines can live in the garden for 13 days (and counting) before being scrapped, I am assured that there is no longer a "problem" :-(
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The German machine has gone (subject to collection) now about this sweet vendor?????
terry

Post by terry »

Shame it's gone....you could have doubled it up as another compost bin...the one behind looks full! :D
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

You mean the Bryan's Bumper just to the left? Yeah, you're right we filled that bugger up three years ago ;)
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Badpenny wrote:The German machine has gone (subject to collection) now about this sweet vendor?????
Hi badpenny! :D I would just like to say thank you for the Imperator. The machine is in far better condition than I expected and is currently drying out in my workshop ready for me to start work on it. It also looks to have all its original parts, and thanks also for your hospitality and the guided tour of your collection of machines. I am now on the lookout for a wiring diagram for this machine if anyone has one. Regards Stuart.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

My pleasure Stuart, the machine was free, however if you want the wiring diagram that's £3,400-17s-6d. :mrgreen:

Now then everybody about this sweet vendor...................
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well the two weeks deadline has passed and only the German monster has been snaffled up, the little sweety vendor remains unloved.

Therefore I have had no other option than to plead beg and lie to Doff and she has extended the warrant of execution for another ten days, just to shut me up.

So some lucky somebody has until 28 August to claim it.
Don't be shy! :?
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Babpenny, :D Nice sweet vendor! I used to have one just like it :roll:. Thanks again for the Imperator !!THUMBSX2!! , restoration is well underway now as you can see from the photo, I am also going to add a page to my website: http://www.slotmachines.bravehost.com dedicated to the restoration, when I get the time that is. :tarah:

Now about this sweet vendor! come on give the man a break - it's free, and would look good in your games room/bar!
Attachments
P9270001a.jpg
Last edited by slotalot on Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi All :D , As some of you may know I have been busy for the last few months putting some new life back into the Bergman Imperator that was gifted to me by a fellow slottie (thanks Badpenny), and things are going quite well !!THUMBSX2!! , It is starting to look quite smart and I have managed to make sense of the mass of wires and relays, and I have had it up and running :*** with lots of flashing lights and clicking relays :*** I am now working on a new glass for it. :*: But can anyone help me with the instruction transfer (see photo) this photo was taken from an other machine but I can not see what it says :oops: Has anyone got a clear photo of this lable that I can make a copy from :?:. I will post some more photos of the machine when it is finished, both here and on my own website. :tarah:
Attachments
imp lable.jpg
imp lable.jpg (23.15 KiB) Viewed 5343 times
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well done S, you've really transformed that poor old beasty.

The decal you're pointing to translates into English as: -

"After full renovation please return to Badpenny" :P
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Now Now Badpenny :tut you have too many toys already :D .
Anyway Mrs Slotalot says it should have a plaque there with her name on it :*:
After all I have spent more money and time on the Imperator this year than I have on her :oops:
It's a good job she understands me !WORSHIPFULL!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

At Last!... I am happy with it :D
Now I need another project :claps:..... Now if I can just find another bundle of firewood or a box of bits at the auction that will be me sorted for the winter hibernation..... :tarah:
Attachments
finnish1.jpg
finnish2.jpg
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Beautiful job, Mr. S@L. Well done!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Utterly fantastic S. I knew it was going to the right person , and am delighted.
Now about this sweety vendor I've still got to get rid of ............... :mrgreen:
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

You really have made a first class job of it, I've just flicked back to the before pics! Hard to believe it's the same machine, I don't know where you find the time. I have a few machines waiting for various jobs ranging from minor to major lumps of time (as I suspect do a lot of our members). Luckily Badpenny stored it carefully whilst it was in his possession otherwise it would have been really rough. I will be transferring some of my projects up the garden next to our compost bin asap now I know that's the proper way to store machines!

Well done.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The sun is shining, outside it's 12degrees Centigrade (which is 4 miles 2 shillings & and an ounce in real money) I have a Harley aching to get back out on the road, and what do you think Mrs Badpenny wants to do?
Yes.... you've guessed it Ruin-it-Yourself. I've been dragged down to GroanBase and am now about to paper the carpet or something.
So what's all this to do with slots I hear you ignore. Well seeing as you're all on the edge of your seats with apathy I'll tell you.

I've just had to clear the shelves in the front room and have discovered another freebie to pass on.
Namely: -
An original technical owner/operator 5 page manual, for something called an Imperator made by a company called Th. Bergmann & Co. of Hamburg.
It's for a machine serial number 70371256 manufactured on the 31 Marz 1957 The Head of Technical thingies delighting n the name of Dr. Lob

I think I used to have one of these once ....... can't really remember ........ I feel strangley drawn towards compost, don't know what's going on there?

Any old how I don't suppose it's of any interest to anyone on reflection as it's all in German, folded in two and held together by 2 rusty old staples.

So unless somebody called Stuart really wants it I'll chuck it any minute now. ;-)