Restoration of 3 Sixes

Show us what you found. Make us jealous!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: restoration of penny flick game

Post by pennymachines »

Rigg - if you send me un-cropped, full frontal photos of your lovely pair (in suitably discrete brown paper wrapper) I'd like to put them in the Museum.

It occurs to me now - your 3 Sixes might be better described as a Bollands product - but then Bollands and BMCo. were associated concerns.
Also I've found an old photo showing the original top flash: "The VERY LATEST American Game. The 3 Sixes Amusement Only". See Museum.
Attachments
3sixes.gif
3sixes.gif (6.49 KiB) Viewed 4033 times
rigg

Re: Restoration of 3 Sixes

Post by rigg »

This shows my partner, the 'Shoot to the Stars', that is about to get the restoration treatment. Any time in the next year or so... Although since discovering this site I have found new enthusiasm. Anyone seen these things before?
Attachments
STARS 1-1.jpg
STARS 1-1.jpg (34.5 KiB) Viewed 3977 times
fredslilja

Post by fredslilja »

I used a French polish technique on the timber
Nice job rigg :eek: Please let us know how this French polish technique works :roll:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

rigg wrote:this shows my partner, the 'Shoot to the Stars', that is about to get the restoration treatment. Any time in the next year or so... Although since discovering this site I have found new enthusiasm. Anyone seen these things before?
This double-event BMCo. The Way to the Moon has something in common - notice the half moon and star.
Attachments
ShoottheMoon.jpg
JC

Post by JC »

I'm intrigued by the black & white picture posted by Pennymachines of 3 Sixes, as it is clearly not the same machine as Rigg's. The huge ball track suggests something like the size of a golf ball was propelled around it, whereas Rigg's machines propels a penny. So they appear to be two completely different machines but with the same name and theme.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

I didn't notice how different they were, but it's obvious now you point it out. Way to the Moon also uses (small) balls whereas Shoot to the Stars uses the coin. I've seen several early BMCos that use oversize balls. I've just posted the Ping Pong in the Museum which presumably used table tennis balls.
keswick

Post by keswick »

Hello everyone
I'm new to all this!
So I apologise if I'm not supposed to post this here?

30182.jpg

http://www.arcade-history.com/images/cabinet/30182.jpg

I hope this is of some help! !!THUMBSX2!!
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

Hey, that Shoot to the Stars is the same as I have! Bang! Zoom! Straight to the moon! Just the moon is slightly different, looks like mine has a face. Somehow i missed this post and nobody else noticed I guess?!