Stuart's Mystery Pinball

Britain's only vintage coin-op magazine.
JC

Stuart's Mystery Pinball

Post by JC »

Stuart Dale wrote an article in issue 41, entitled 'Mystery Machine', where he related the story of his latest restoration project, an early electro-mechanical pinball from the 1930s. It is labelled 'supplied by Hoopers Automatic Supply Co. Ltd', but Stuart wanted to know who made it, thinking it was probably an American import.
I followed this up in issue 42, suggesting that it may actually have been produced by Hoopers. The 'give away' was the score keeping dial on the machine's backbox, which is identical to the dial on one of Hooper's wall machines. Any further info. would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the pictures of Stuart's excellent restoration job.
Attachments
Stuart's sad pinball,<br />in desperate need of TLC
Stuart's sad pinball,
in desperate need of TLC
The pinball after restoration<br />(Excellent job, Stuart)!
The pinball after restoration
(Excellent job, Stuart)!
The score-keeping dial on Stuart's pinball
The score-keeping dial on Stuart's pinball
Pimball score indicator.jpg (51.98 KiB) Viewed 4499 times
A wall machine by Hoopers.<br />This machine, along with two others, can be seen in the Museum on this site.
A wall machine by Hoopers.
This machine, along with two others, can be seen in the Museum on this site.
arrgee

Re: Stuart's Mystery Pinball

Post by arrgee »

Brilliant job Stuart, just wish I had enough spare time to spend on a restoration project like that!
slotalot

Re: Stuart's Mystery Pinball

Post by slotalot »

JC wrote:Stuart Dale wrote an article in issue 41, entitled 'Mystery Machine', where he related the story of his latest restoration project, an early electro-mechanical pinball from the 1930s. It is labelled 'supplied by Hoopers Automatic Supply Co. Ltd', but Stuart wanted to know who made it, thinking it was probably an American import.
I followed this up in issue 42, suggesting that it may actually have been produced by Hoopers. The 'give away' was the score keeping dial on the machine's backbox, which is identical to the dial on one of Hooper's wall machines. Any further info. would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the pictures of Stuart's excellent restoration job.
Hi Jerry :D , I am glad you like it and thanks for putting it in the magazine !!CHEERS!! I think you are right and Hoopers may have made it after all, I had never noticed the same dial on the other Hoopers machine untill you pointed it out :oops: , Mrs slotalot ^{}^ was also surprised that I had not seen it as I spend more time looking at Braithwaite's book than I do her, NOT TRUE !WORSHIPFULL!
PS. I have just signed up to your new forum on your MMM website !THUMBS!