Mechanical Memories Magazine finally brought to book

Britain's only vintage coin-op magazine.
slotalot

Mechanical Memories Magazine finally brought to book

Post by slotalot »

As the M.M.M has now gone into its 5th year of publication I decided to sort through my back copies of the magazine and bind them up into volumes, it is such a good publication that I thought it would be worth the effort to preserve them in book form, so with the help of a bookbinding instruction book from the library and some simple homemade equipment I set out to too do just that. !PUZZLED!
I have completely finished volume 1 and will have the other 3 volumes finished in the next few days, keep up the good work Jerry I have a very big bookcase to fill.
Whilst I am plugging the Magazine....... :didact: don’t forget to renew your subscription if it’s due... and if you have never subscribed to the magazine why not do it now?????
you can even do it on line !TAPTAP! CLICK HERE.. https://pennymachines.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=467
Remember it’s your magazine so let’s keep it running. !!CHEERS!!
Attachments
P6250039.JPG
P6250041.JPG
P6290044.JPG
P7030054.JPG
P7030064.JPG
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Mechanical Memories Magazine finally brought to book

Post by badpenny »

Stuart is there no end to your manual dexterity?.......... will you turn your hand to everything? !THUMBS!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Amazing! I've often wondered how difficult it would be to bind a book, but instead of thinking about it, you just went ahead and did it. You're an inspiration slotalot! !!HOORAY!!
JC

Post by JC »

Stuart, brilliant! **xXx**

I've often thought of publishing a book - seems I just have!
Are you going to let us into the secret of how it's done? What's the string for?
...................and just how big is this bookcase of yours? I do hope to retire one day.

Jerry !TAPTAP!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Jerry :D
I wonder if it would make another tutorial for the Magazine !PUZZLED! ...
Anyone else want to know how it's done?????
Let's have some feedback from the readers :tarah:
speedwell

Post by speedwell »

Stuart I think it would be an excellent idea to do an article.... particularly as Jerry is looking for some more at the moment.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi, :D
Well I have now finished binding all 4 volumes of the Mechanical Memories Magazine, and I have to say that reading them in book form is a whole new experience opposed to reading them as single magazines, and hopefully it will keep them in good condition for a long time to come, this is the first time I have done any bookbinding and I found it quite therapeutic :play: , I am now looking forward to collecting the next volume, below is a photo of the finished volumes, please excuse the poor photography !!PHOTO!! , even after reading Richard Goddard’s excellent articles on photographing your machines that appeared in the 2008 editions of MMM sadly I am still crap at taking photos! :!?!:
Attachments
P7060075.JPG
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Superb job Stuart, also I guess the heavy covers help to keep the volume open at a particular page? Which would be useful for another collection of magazines I have which I tend to look at when both hands are busy :burp:
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Not much wrong with that photo Stuart, the image coveys the message well, although I do detect that your small f stop may have caused a little image reciprocity failure.

Brilliant idea and well done on the book binding it looks very good, I did this at school some 45+years ago and I see the method has not changed a bit!

Richard