Jamiesons Automatics

Britain's only vintage coin-op magazine.
JC

Jamiesons Automatics

Post by JC »

Issue 75 is in the post, so should be with you all shortly. This month sees the start of a three-part series on 'The History of Jamiesons' written by none other than Ian Jamieson, the son of the founder of the business.
I had originally intended publishing it in two parts - May & June, but having considered how many pictures there are to be added to Ian's text, there's no way I could have crammed it all into two issues.
This is absolutely priceless information, with equally priceless pictures to compliment the text. It is more than likely we will never get such a detailed account of any other coin-op manufacturer, particularly as this comes first-hand from someone who was actually there, at a senior level at one of the more significant manufacturers of the '60s and '70s.
If you don't already subscribe to the magazine (and why not)? - now might be a good time to do so.

[url]http://www.mechanicalmemoriesmagazine.co.uk[/url]

Obviously, my thanks to Ian for allowing me to publish the history of his family's business, exclusively in the magazine, but also the Stuart Dale for making contact with Ian and persuading him (as probably only Stuart can do) to write this comprehensive account of 'The History of Jamiesons'.

Jerry
Attachments
Issue 75 Front Cover.jpg
rippyspennyarcade

Re: Jamiesons Automatics

Post by rippyspennyarcade »

Hi There,
Just read the first part of the Jamiesons article in the latest Mechanical Memories Magazine and it is a great informative article, a load of important information and pictures. The whole three part story will be a fantastic article. Anyone who does not subscribe to the magazine is missing a treat. I look forward to parts 2 and 3. Well Done!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Yes, very good and nice to know about the subtle differences in the machines and why they are like that. I have three at the moment, the Roto Pool, Electrodart and Bingola. Having also reread Slotalot's and OB's guides, I feel the need to get two of them operational again. Looking forward to part II !!THUMBSX2!!
jonesthegarage

Post by jonesthegarage »

Not familiar with these machines at all but keep seeing an Electrodart re-appearing on ebay at £749 but, as everything else listed by this seller seems similarly impossibly priced, I've never given it more than a cursory glance. Is that price anywhere near realistic for a half decent working machine?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

The fact that we keep seeing that machine advertised at that price answers your question J the G.

Giving it the benefit of the doubt and assuming it is the bestest ever immaculate version of this machine it's about £400 more than this reporter would pay for it, returning you now to the studio ...............
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Jonesthegarage wrote:Is that price anywhere near realistic for a half decent working machine?
Not unless I sell one \|\/|/
Previous sales in the Arena put them around £100-250.
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

Having just acquired a Jamiesons machine, I was delighted with the article on this company. I look forward to the next two issues. Thank you and well done to those concerned with the production of the article.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

I hope everyone enjoyed the Jamison's story !READ!
I have now added a Jamieson's photo page to my website, and also a link back to the Mechanical Memories Magazine just in case you missed the story and want to subscribe to the Magazine. !!THUMBSX2!!
Just follow the link. !!JUNK!!
[url]http://slotmachines.bravehost.com/page11.html[/url]
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Hey Stuartalot ......

BACK TO THE CONTNTS PAGE

I've got a spare "E" if you're short of them.

BP
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Well done Pike!! I wondered who would be the first to spot that one.... -/00\-
BUGGER!!!! ITS IN EVERY PAGE!!! !!SUICIDAL!!
Thanks for letting me know, I will get onto it later tonight. :smash:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Another load of machines on there their way to the arcades.

Some great pictures Slotalot, especially the ones I took ;-)
Seriously, it's pretty much unique to have such a comprehensive record of a vintage British slot machine company and its products. Thanks to you and Ian for putting it together.
PM - proofreader. !!GOODJOB!!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Double Bugger!!!!
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

badpenny wrote:I've got a spare "E" if you're short of them.
Careful, BP. That sort of behaviour will get you banned from the club scene, you know! :NBG:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Not in this club Dude, most of us are too out of our heads on Sanatogen to remember where we put our mogadons.