MMM Shock

Britain's only vintage coin-op magazine.
junior

MMM Shock

Post by junior »

I've just received a magazine issue no 93.
jimmycowman

Re: Shock

Post by jimmycowman »

Same here,,,,, :#: I wonder what the future of the auctions will be ???????????

Not my bag, but is there anyone out there to take over the mag??? !PUZZLED!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

What is the actual news? I am assuming from above this could be the last issue.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Jerry announced December would be the last edition and (like John Hanson) any outstanding subs will be refunded.

Perhaps the owner of the magazine prior to John Hanson's will pick up the challenge. He could start by honouring all of the accounts that were in credit when he stopped.

Having once been the editor of a national magazine for a hobby, I sympathise with Jerry, getting copy out of any more than the handful of stalwarts is very difficult. You start out intending to edit the thing and end up writing most of it as well.

BP
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Just read my copy, a very sad day indeed but I am also aware of the amount of hours that Jerry has put into this over the years and I must say the MMM (together with Coventry and this website) has served in its own way as a great catalyst for slot collectors and the slot community in general.

It will be interesting to see if anyone will come forward to take on the mantle of a regular publication.
A huge thanks Jerry for all the work you have put into MMM since April 2006. **xXx**
JC

Re: MMM Shock

Post by JC »

Well, I think everyone should have received their Sept. magazines by now (some were posted last Friday, others were not posted until Monday). Not a lot I can add to what I said in my editorial - just thank you to all those who have supported the magazine over very nearly ten years. Sadly, I doubt we will ever see another collectors' coin-op magazine. :#:
john t peterson

Re: MMM Shock

Post by john t peterson »

My hat's off to you, Jerry for your tireless efforts to promote our beloved obsession. Mechanical Memories Magazine was a labor of love and it provided stories, tips, historical information, wit and fun for a long time. The hobby will be diminished with its passing.

So, here's to Jerry Chattenton, a bloke of good cheer and great soul! Hear, hear!! !!CHEERS!!

J Peterson
American Admirer of JC