When requesting password to download an image from Resources

Graphics, flyers, instructions and other materials.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

When requesting password to download an image from Resources

Post by badpenny »

A quick update and reminder about the process for members wanting to download an image from Resources.

We introduced this procedure following the action of an ex member (aka "Scrote") who thought it perfectly acceptable to copy everything there and offer it for sale on line. Without recognition to this site or those who donated their intellectual property or effort it was decided to attempt to protect the contents of Resources.
In effect, when visiting you will see a button marked "Download Graphic" when you press that you'll be taken to another page where you'll see another button "Request Password". It's this password that allows you to get your sticky digits on the graphic you want.

So, why am I reminding you of this? Simple (which is an adjective often used to describe me!)
* Feedback, to say it's working and although we can go a couple of weeks between requests, this week we've had three this week already, yay!

* A reminder as to why we're doing this. I've had a couple of comments P.M'd to me wondering why we now have to go through this rigmarole when in the past all we did was download. I guess not everyone followed last year's excitement.

* And finally to throw a little light into some dark corners which might help the process.
- Anyone would be forgiven for thinking that pressing the button "Request Password" results in a wall of lights jumping into action on the
Main Frame in the pent house suite of Pennymachines Towers. As the big discs whirr into action and the thick smell of electronic ozone permeates the atmosphere, it mingles with the rich atmosphere of Mr P's Monte Christo cigars and the aroma of 5 Star Remy Martin, all shortly
before efficiently pinging the requested image back to the member's laptop in .024 mini-micro moments.

However, reality is a smidge different. Deep in the cellars, 8 floors below Mr P's abode and slightly above Human Resources and Admin
is a cupboard with a redirection device operating on rubber bands, Blu Tack and formed out of Papier-mâché.
It intercepts your request and resends it out to me via my personal email address @insert_here_when_I_cough.com
Your request then resides in my inbox vying for attention along with my favourites such as "Do you suffer from embarrassing itching, or do you enjoy it?" or "Mature mail brides sent direct from Uzibaistanaijan. All guaranteed tractor mechanics"
I do tend to get around to them before the end of the day, but as I'm sure you realise there is competition.

Now I've pointed this out, please refrain from repeatedly pressing the button because nothing happened immediately. The record to date is six times in as many seconds ....... alternatively of course he might have had a life or death need for reel symbols.

Thank you for your support, I shall always wear it when picking up a Sega.

BP !!CHEERS!!
pauljt71

Re: When requesting password to download an image from Resources

Post by pauljt71 »

Fabulous explanation of the inner workings procedure 😂
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

What? No monkey involvement? !PUZZLED! Simians, unite!

J Peterson
Wildlife provocateur, USA
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

..... no John, I do not go out of my way to invite competition from superiors.
special when lit

Post by special when lit »

'Scrote'. Appropriate name...
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Thanks PB !!CHEERS!!
badpenny wrote:I shall always wear it when picking up a Sega
As well as a hernia belt !
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I also meant to point out that some of you have probably changed your email addresses since you joined.
Consequently when I extract your email from the system to send you your password, it ends up straight back in my inbox as unrecognised or unavailable.
So probably not a bad idea to check the details you're showing in your profile. Click on your name top right hand corner of this page, then profile. If anything's out of date you should change it.
Likewise check your last will and testament, it's important you've spelt my name correctly.

BP :didact:
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Further to BP's comments, I sent a Resource password to Potless yesterday but the email bounced.
Please can you check your email address is up to date Potless: Your membership
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Aha, the Potless thickens, I too have been sending passwords in that direction.
Twice last week and once the week before.
To both his eMail and also by PM.

BP
Potless

Post by Potless »

Email now updated...
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

And Resource password resent. !THUMBS!