Sega Mad Money award card and reel strips

Graphics, flyers, instructions and other materials.
ninecup

Sega Mad Money award card and reel strips

Post by ninecup »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Mad Money award card
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
widget2k4

Sega Mad Money reel strips

Post by widget2k4 »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

Here is a Mad Money face symbol for the reel strips.
Hoping to get some complete strips up soon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
widget2k4

Sega Mad Money reel strips

Post by widget2k4 »

Some Mad Money reel strips I have knocked up.
Might not be perfect, but might do if you're stuck.
widget2k4

Re: Sega Mad Money reel strips

Post by widget2k4 »

All ready to print onto A3 paper.
quadibloc

Post by quadibloc »

I thank you very much for this image! However, I am puzzled about one thing. If the image as given is printed on A3 paper, each slot machine symbol will apparently take up 3.5 cm exactly. That implies the reels have a diameter of 8.772319... inches (and in metric, the reciprocal of pi being involved, it won't be a round number either). What is the radius of the reels on this machine?
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Do you need this because you plan to print or are just curious. I do not have a reel tin in front of me, but it maybe slightly smaller as reel strips are just over 25”. There is always on overlap on most strips which you need to exclude
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

I do lots of replacement reel strips for people (30 sets last year) .. If your copying existing sets like Tom has its quite easy to get the spacing right,if your building sets from scratch its not. This is because the symbols themselves are all different sizes. What I do is measure the visual length of the full strip,divide it by 20 to get a blank rectangle. Then I fit each of the symbols into the centre of a rectangle and save them (there are of course usually only 6 or 7) then I create a blank reel strip of the correct length and width ,then all I need to do is drop the correct master symbol onto the blank strip one after another in the correct order to create any reel strip,once I have the 6 masters its takes about 5 mins to create each strip, and once I have, lets say the set of Sega masters on file I can create any Sega set of three strips in about 25 mins, if you print on vinyl the result is near perfect :cool:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I have started to enjoy using Paintshop Pro now and am able to quickly make or modify awards and strips and restore them as required. I need a large guillotine and A3 printer now. I have started making strips slightly wider now than actual to compensate for damage and loss and then fill and trim.

Great fun.....
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Better a cutter than a guillotine - more accurate and a better cut. A3 printers can be expensive. Many printers now handle "legal" size (11.5" x 8.5") which will do 90% of what you need but not allwin backflashes. Also a good idea to spray your finished work with ink jet fixer to protect from UV fading.