Graphics, flyers, instructions and other materials.
garythegolfer

Electrodart Main Schematic (my Rev C)

Postby garythegolfer » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:24 pm

OK it's been a while... but attached are my wiring diagrams for my Electrodart. I am in the process of rewiring it so it is possible it will be updated if/when errors are found. This electrodart is assumed to be quite early as it has the smaller rounded chrome payout cup and is switchable between 2d/2d/2d and 2d/4d/6d payouts. I believe later machines had larger rectangular payout cups and 3d/6d/12d payouts.

Much credit for the diagram should go to "Slotalot" and "Operator Bell" for their (much) earlier help & guidance.

I have marked some of the wiring (eg Relay RL5) in red to denote how it is different from the "standard" Roto Pool (Mk2) diagram. I am not yet comfortable/happy with RL5 being wired to the ac side rather than the rectified dc side but that's how I think it was wired????

On the lower RH corner of the MAIN schematic, I have shown the switching arrangement for switching the payment from 2d/2d/2d to 2d/4d/6d. It is accomplished with a fixed (to the cabinet back board) 8-pin plug and a removeable 8-socket (Bulgin-type) socket. The socket has had the plastic "key" cut/filed away so that the socket can be fitted to the fixed plug in (at least) 2 different orientations...(2d/2d/2d and 2d/4d/6d). Note that the moveable socket has internal wiring!

I have followed Slotalot's format though my + and - dc rails are inverted with respect to his diagram for some reason. The electrolytic capacitor across Relay 1 contacts will need the correct polarity. Other than that, I'm not sure it really matters.

I'm hoping to complete this as an electrical project by Christmas now.

Hope this helps others.
Electrodart Main Schematic Rev C.pdf
Electrodart Right Uniselector Rev C.pdf
Electrodart Left Uniselector Rev C.pdf
Only logged on members can view files attached to this post. To register is easy - and free.

garythegolfer

Re: Electrodart Main Schematic (my Rev C)

Postby garythegolfer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:40 pm

OK. Here is an updated version D of the main schematic. The major change is that Relay 6 and associated components have been moved to correspond to my actual wiring.

My machine is wired more like Slotalot's MK1 schematic rather than the more conventional and elegant looking MK2. (with respect to RL 5 and RL6 and their associated components.)

I have kept my schematic layout to be similar to Roto MK2 which necessitated the -ve and +ve dc rails being shown "inverted".

There are no updates to the Uniselector personality sheets (both still at Rev C)
Electrodart Main Schematic Rev D.pdf
Only logged on members can view files attached to this post. To register is easy - and free.

garythegolfer

Re: Electrodart Main Schematic (my Rev E)

Postby garythegolfer » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:30 am

OK. Here are probably my final versions of schematics for my Electrodart. I had to replace the left hand uniselector and had to change its winding coil to suit my 24v supply.I have also posted the updated version of the "manual" that describes the operation of the Electrodart as well as the details of this uniselector coil rewinding. The machine is now working properly (I think): it stops where it should and pays out as it should (2d/2d/2d or 2d/4d/6d according to the switch setting). And it only took 53 years to do! Many thanks for the previous help and support especially from Slotalot and OperatorBell. Now I just have a load of cosmetic issues to deal with......
Electrodart Manual MK 1 Revision E.doc
Electrodart Right Uniselector Rev E.pdf
Electrodart Left Uniselector Rev E.pdf
Electrodart - Main Rev E.pdf
GaryTheGolfer