Jamieson Roto-Pool, Electrodart etc. manuals, wiring diagram & schematics

Graphics, flyers, instructions and other materials.
slotalot

Jamieson Roto-Pool, Electrodart etc. manuals, wiring diagram & schematics

Post by slotalot »

Well it's here at last, The Roto-Pool Manual
(Should also aid with Roto-Fruit, Rotolite, Electrodart, Bingola, Derby Day, etc.)

This manual has been made possible thanks to several members of the Pennymachines forum, and I hope it will be of use to all who need it. :didact:

Without “fourfive” offering to lend me his machine I would have had nothing to work from and could not have done the drawings, !PUZZLED!

Without the encouragement from members, John T Perterson, rbrewerton and Operator Bell I may well have given up trying, !!CHEERS!!

also a big thank you to Mr Pennymachines firstly for providing this wonderful forum, and also for all his help in sorting out the PDF files so they could be posted here in an understandable form, !!JUNK!!

and last but not least me, :D
because if it was not for me.....our dog would never go out for a walk,.....the car would never get washed.... and my wife would have to go to Tesco’s on the bus.... :byee:

See also GPO Uniselector User Guide.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
operator bell

Re: Roto Pool Wiring Diagram

Post by operator bell »

What a magnificent effort! **xXx** !!YIPPEE!! @&@ :claps: !PARTY! I can see I'll be up all night studying that.

Random comments:
* Removing opposite wipers from two banks makes a 25 way selector into a 50 way, if you treat the two banks as one. Since wipers 1/4 and 2/3 are connected together, banks 1 and 4 should be treated as one huge bank and numbered 1-25 and 26-50 respectively, as should banks 2 and 3.

* My theory that the overload switches are used as pulse generators appears to be correct. That's good to know, as we had people here in the past where the overload thingies had been removed, and I have no idea where to get them. Now I can sketch up a simple relay replacement.

Good job, Stuart. You are hereby awarded the degree of Master of Electromechanical Slottery. !SMARTY!
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Fantesticles Stuart ..... now all I need to do is find myself a knackered Roto Pool, what's the betting I can only find perfect ones?

How you find the time to do this stuff as well as black the grate and polish the front doorstep is beyond me. :!?!:
JC

Post by JC »

Brilliant job Stuart, well done! !THUMBS!
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi :D ,
As some of you may know, I am on a quest to get my Roto-Pool Machine up and running from scratch. So far I have managed to borrow a machine with a 3d, 6d, and 12d payout to copy the wiring from (see manual at top of page). The thing is, there appears to be more than one payout version of this machine... Operatorbell and I have now joined forces via the internet and are trying to work out the wiring for both styles of machine.
This is where you can help :didact:
Do you have a Roto-Pool machine that pays 2d, 4d, and 6d, as opposed to the 3d, 6d and 12d version? We are looking for some good clear photos of the main control to see if they differ from each other, !PUZZLED!
See photos of the two types of machine... :tarah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

The Roto-Pool Manual Mk2
Thanks to Operator bell for taking up the baton and producing this improved version of the Roto Pool manual !WORSHIPFULL!, this manual is for the machine with the 3d, 6d and 12d payouts. Operator bell and I have been collaborating on this manual via the internet for the past week, he was at his computer in Las Vegas Nevada !!USA!! and I was in my spare back bedroom in Halifax West Yorkshire !!BRRRR!! with a roto pool machine that I borrowed from fourfive in front of me, and after many emails we managed to get it sorted. Unfortunately this will not work for my machine that has the 2d 4d and 6d payouts, but we are still working on that, so watch this space. :byee:
stoxman22

Post by stoxman22 »

Thanks to all involved. This is so close to my butchered Rotolite that I have a chance of rewiring it now. !!RAYOF!!
operator bell

Re: Roto-Pool Manuals with wiring diagram

Post by operator bell »

Many thanks to Slotalot for doing all the hard work tracing out the wiring and checking my drawings! I jumped on it because it's long been a project dear to my heart to document these games, and I had a lot of fun working through Stuart's drawings to puzzle out how they work.

I believe the RotoFruit circuit is the same as the RotoPool, so the same manual should do for both. I'll verify that over the next few days. The RotoDart will be a bit different, mainly in that it only has 20 lights in the ring and only one is lit at a time. The relay wiring will probably be the same. I can work out the proper wiring of the right uniselector, but the left one will just be guesswork, unless some kind RotoDart owner is willing to put in a couple of hours tracing it out. As for the RotoLite, again the relay wiring is probably the same, but without a nice visible ring of lights the uniselector wiring can't be worked out and will have to be traced out.
garythegolfer

Jamieson Electrodart Main Schematic (my Rev C)

Post by garythegolfer »

Topic merged - Site Admin.

OK it's been a while... but attached are my wiring diagrams for my Electrodart. I am in the process of rewiring it so it is possible it will be updated if/when errors are found. This electrodart is assumed to be quite early as it has the smaller rounded chrome payout cup and is switchable between 2d/2d/2d and 2d/4d/6d payouts. I believe later machines had larger rectangular payout cups and 3d/6d/12d payouts.

Much credit for the diagram should go to "Slotalot" and "Operator Bell" for their (much) earlier help & guidance.

I have marked some of the wiring (eg Relay RL5) in red to denote how it is different from the "standard" Roto Pool (Mk2) diagram. I am not yet comfortable/happy with RL5 being wired to the ac side rather than the rectified dc side but that's how I think it was wired????

On the lower RH corner of the MAIN schematic, I have shown the switching arrangement for switching the payment from 2d/2d/2d to 2d/4d/6d. It is accomplished with a fixed (to the cabinet back board) 8-pin plug and a removeable 8-socket (Bulgin-type) socket. The socket has had the plastic "key" cut/filed away so that the socket can be fitted to the fixed plug in (at least) 2 different orientations...(2d/2d/2d and 2d/4d/6d). Note that the moveable socket has internal wiring!

I have followed Slotalot's format though my + and - dc rails are inverted with respect to his diagram for some reason. The electrolytic capacitor across Relay 1 contacts will need the correct polarity. Other than that, I'm not sure it really matters.

I'm hoping to complete this as an electrical project by Christmas now.

Hope this helps others.
Electrodart Main Schematic Rev C.pdf

Electrodart Right Uniselector Rev C.pdf

Electrodart Left Uniselector Rev C.pdf

garythegolfer

Re: Electrodart Main Schematic (my Rev C)

Post by garythegolfer »

OK. Here is an updated version D of the main schematic. The major change is that Relay 6 and associated components have been moved to correspond to my actual wiring.

My machine is wired more like Slotalot's MK1 schematic rather than the more conventional and elegant looking MK2. (with respect to RL 5 and RL6 and their associated components.)

I have kept my schematic layout to be similar to Roto MK2 which necessitated the -ve and +ve dc rails being shown "inverted".

There are no updates to the Uniselector personality sheets (both still at Rev C)

Electrodart Main Schematic Rev D.pdf

garythegolfer

Re: Electrodart Main Schematic (my Rev E)

Post by garythegolfer »

OK. Here are probably my final versions of schematics for my Electrodart. I had to replace the left hand uniselector and had to change its winding coil to suit my 24v supply. I have also posted the updated version of the "manual" that describes the operation of the Electrodart as well as the details of this uniselector coil rewinding. The machine is now working properly (I think): it stops where it should and pays out as it should (2d/2d/2d or 2d/4d/6d according to the switch setting). And it only took 53 years to do! Many thanks for the previous help and support especially from Slotalot and OperatorBell. Now I just have a load of cosmetic issues to deal with......

Electrodart Manual MK 1 Revision E.doc

Electrodart Right Uniselector Rev E.pdf

Electrodart Left Uniselector Rev E.pdf

Electrodart - Main Rev E.pdf

GaryTheGolfer
larry_d

Post by larry_d »

Sterling work here. Fantastic effort. Now if I could only find the same for my Jamiesons Autofruit machine then I'll do a double backflip from the top of the shed ! I Think I'm safe. :shock:
brigham

Post by brigham »

Great work.
I've dug out my long-neglected BINGOLA.
Looking forward to making some progress. I've only had it twelve years!
brigham

Post by brigham »

And the BINGOLA is now up and running!
It's easy when you have the diagram. Thanks to you both for what must have been a major frustration at times.
Now, I've got a worm-eaten Rotolite somewhere...
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

Splendid news.
toph

Re: Jamieson Roto-Pool, Electrodart etc. manuals, wiring diagram & schematics

Post by toph »

Hi
I'm trying to locate a schematic for a roto pool machine can you help
Regards
Chris
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

It's in the PDF on the first page of this topic.
toph

Post by toph »

Thanks for that, any idea where I can obtains spares?
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

You find a "government surplus store" where you'll find abundant quantities of "Post Office Uniselectors" and "Post Office Relays Type 3000". Or at least, I did when I was a kid, since there was a project calling for those items every couple of months in Practical Wireless. Nowadays it's more a question of "conserve and repair", since life is too short to wait for those items to show up on the market any more.

What spare parts were you hoping to find?