Graphics, flyers, instructions and other materials.
operator bell

Classic Fruit Symbols

Postby operator bell » Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:09 am

Here's a sheet of classic fruit symbols that I drew for a slot program many years ago. They're a bit blocky because there are no half tones - exactly 16 colors are used out of a palette of 256, which is what I needed for my program. You can un-block them by enlarging considerably, taking a median cut and shrinking back to original size. Each symbol is exactly 96 by 96 pixels inside the green line.

I started by tracing a Mills strip, transferring it to graph paper and digitizing each individual point. It took a while. :?

I have many other symbol image files, mostly scanned off actual strips. If you need something please PM me, I'll post it if I've got it.
Only logged-in members have access to Resources, but it's easy and free to join.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:07 am

Clever old thing ......... got any high quality digitally copies of bank notes?

operator bell

Postby operator bell » Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:40 am

got any high quality digitally copies of bank notes?
No, of course not - that would be naughty. Besides, high quality digitizers know when they're looking at money and will, if they have a modem or internet connection, call the Old Bill on their own initiative. Surprised a few villains, that has :-o

Strange you should ask, though, as my daily work is to do with currency recognition and I frequently see examples of other peoples' efforts. Most of them are pathetic. Some are really good. There isn't much middle ground.