Classic Fruit Symbols

Graphics, flyers, instructions and other materials.
operator bell

Classic Fruit Symbols

Post by operator bell »

Here's a sheet of classic fruit symbols that I drew for a slot program many years ago. They're a bit blocky because there are no half tones - exactly 16 colors are used out of a palette of 256, which is what I needed for my program. You can un-block them by enlarging considerably, taking a median cut and shrinking back to original size. Each symbol is exactly 96 by 96 pixels inside the green line.

I started by tracing a Mills strip, transferring it to graph paper and digitizing each individual point. It took a while. :?

I have many other symbol image files, mostly scanned off actual strips. If you need something please PM me, I'll post it if I've got it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Clever old thing ......... got any high quality digitally copies of bank notes?
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

got any high quality digitally copies of bank notes?
No, of course not - that would be naughty. Besides, high quality digitizers know when they're looking at money and will, if they have a modem or internet connection, call the Old Bill on their own initiative. Surprised a few villains, that has :-o

Strange you should ask, though, as my daily work is to do with currency recognition and I frequently see examples of other peoples' efforts. Most of them are pathetic. Some are really good. There isn't much middle ground.