Aristocrat Sheerline badge

Graphics, flyers, instructions and other materials.
dustym

Aristocrat Sheerline badge

Post by dustym »

Hi Everyone
Thanks to Neil and everyone else who offered ideas.
I thought you might like to know how the Aristocrat badge, for my Sheerline, has turned out.
The easiest way was, in the end, to just rub-down (lightly) the badge (that Neil found for me) and then use chrome paint to bring it back to its former glory.
I'm exceptionally pleased with the outcome. Not as 'original' as re-chroming I know, but I hope you think it's OK too.
I've attached a few .jpg images for you to look at.
I've also created a 3D printer image file (in .stl format). If you would like me to send a copy, please, just ask.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
treefrog

Re: Aristocrat Sheerline badge

Post by treefrog »

Although I hate to think myself as a purist, they of course should be painted with enamel paint, normally white.... I would also paint the mesh as not sure that colour is original......

Still top of my favourite machines these.....
dustym

Post by dustym »

Now that's interesting, the word 'Sheerline' and the backing is in chrome. The two Arcadians we had at the Bingo, in the 1960s were chrome too I'm sure!
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Well I am not trying to pretend to be an expert in Aristocrats, but have owned one or two and have never seen one of these badges chromed. :cool:
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

I did have, for a very short time period one of this style cabinet with 3D effect badges for both top 'Aristocrat' and the lower badge. I cannot remember if Sheerline or another.

Lettering was in the same type font script but raised on a background plinth to give a 3D or raised effect. These I think were not chrome or white enamel but satin/ matt black for the lettering with the backing another colour to highlight the raised effect maybe? I have no idea if these were before or after the white enamel or whether an operator special? All the others I've had, including the one I parted out recently, had white enamel script.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Ah I know what you're talking about, often seen on wooden or laminate cabinets. Never convinced though these were done by them. If so, very cheaply.
aristomatic

Post by aristomatic »

This reply covers a couple of threads however, will place it here and mods can decide to move or otherwise.

There's a nice crisp Getty images b/w shot of three machines on plain stands that's from a 1960 Daily Express story?

It shows a Sheerline with the 3d raised effect type badges on them but on a mesh front. The other two machines are a Clubmaster and well I'm not too sure from the other thread what it's called... "Ainsworth Aristocrat" is my best guess? As I find that thread confusing?

The Getty image may or may not be correctly dated as 1960 and may or may not be UK? However, the background wall has an Aussie backdrop with Sheerline thru it on pegboard. Has look of a trade show or distributor/operator showroom or press event of some kind?

Have not posted image as don't want the site to have copyright issues but pmd mr pm.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Here's the image Aristo found:

Embed from Getty Images

Getty kindly provided it with an embed code. The copyright situation over embedded images remains muddy. To date, it has been found in law that, because these images reside on the claimant's server, no copying has occurred. Unfortunately, last month the European Parliament voted through a new directive making web links subject to copyright taxes. This will have a global impact and, depending upon how it's eventually interpreted and enforced, might spell the end for websites like ours.
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

Just thinking about the making of this style of badge, has anyone mentioned the style mentioned in the link below (I must admit I didn't backtrack the thread very far). Quite easy to find, metal, any design you like, chrome if you need it and not expensive.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/161891672416?chn=ps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
What a lovely Getty picture and answers the question, as this one looks like the same wooden cabinet version. Being alongside earlier machines, I wonder now if these were the first version of the Sheerline line where’s they had yet to transition to metal cases, a standard thereafter on all their machines and models. They also used the round side stands.

Want even more the “The Aristocrat” on the left :cool: