Jennings Governor Rebuild flyer

Graphics, flyers, instructions and other materials.
treefrog

Jennings Governor Rebuild flyer

Post by treefrog »

Probably discussed before, but many Governors were rebuilt by various British suppliers with complete new cabinets, chrome and awards, I suspect especially after decimalisation. One from Mar Matics.....I understand all the machines with Formica sides, ply cabinets rather than the horrible composite chip cabinets they replaced. Shame the chromers don’t exist probably now who could do a good job...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
brigham

Re: Jennings Governor Rebuild flyer

Post by brigham »

There was a New Penny version available in the early '70s, which I remember reading about in World's Fair. A whole row appeared at (probably) Butlin's Filey, and were an impressive sight, in a Las Vegas sort of way.
Can't remember who produced them, but I thought the top glass with dodgem cars let the whole thing down.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Jennings Governor Rebuild flyer

Post by pennymachines »

treefrog wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:32 am Shame the chromers don’t exist probably now who could do a good job...
Although they are few and far between, I believe they do still exist, but safety and waste disposal issues have made them expensive. The other problem is that once the aluminium castings have corroded, or already been re-polished once, the underlying porosity beneath the original denser skin of the castings is exposed, which is difficult to electroplate satisfactorily.