Electro-mechanical Wall Machines

Videos of vintage slot machines in action.
cait001

Re: Electro-mechanical Wall Machines

Post by cait001 »

treefrog wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:58 am It has been posted on this thread twice before, but I wonder if the latest interest may relate to the ludicrous offer someone has made for one £1250 on the new Elephant site :HaHa:

If it were genuine and I owned one, I would be throwing it in the back of my car for a trip to Cambridge :cool:
We all know that ludicrous offers for machines don't seem to reliably shake them out of the woodwork :woops:
rippyspennyarcade

Post by rippyspennyarcade »

I own the Twinkletoes machine in the latest video, It is the actual machine that I played on aged 12 in our local arcade many moons ago, and as Moonriver said , it is for those sentimental reasons that No amount of Cash would tempt me to sell, I am a collector and why would I want to sell something I may never possibly see again however much is offered
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I hope it gives you more pleasure ....

I never believe in such a thing as no money can buy anything as no slot machine has a limit, but I agree we probably all have a few machines we would have to be pushed seriously hard to sell......

I am trying to workout which one I want to turn into my coffin

Mind you I have sold a few machines where people have chucked a high number at me, but I would never put out an advert stating what I would pay. One ploy that could be used by crafty sellers at the Elephant is to get a mate to stick a wanted advert at a crazy price on the site and then list one for sale, would set the tone for value they would hope higher offers..
moonriver

Post by moonriver »

treefrog wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:24 pm One ploy that could be used by crafty sellers at the Elephant is to get a mate to stick a wanted advert at a crazy price on the site and then list one for sale, would set the tone for value they would hope higher offers..
Damn :cry:
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

:didact: .... wot he said!
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Yup, it's gonna happen, if it hasn't already...
Unless you can be held to your offer. !PUZZLED!
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

rippyspenneyarcade wrote:It is the actual machine that I played on aged 12 in our local arcade many moons ago, and as Moonriver said , it is for those sentimental reasons that No amount of Cash would tempt me to sell
I completely understand that - you can not put a price on items that have sentimental value.
13rebel

Post by 13rebel »

I echo arrgee's comment. I suspect very few of us can claim to own the actual machine they played as a youth.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Star Express German Electro Mechanical Vintage Arcade Game