Videos of vintage slot machines in action.
loramarsden

Re: Arcades, Museums & Gamerooms

Postby loramarsden » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:42 am

just watched the tim hunkin videos, absolutely brilliant, my tutor at university lent me a video of some of his older works and i absolutely loved them...so that was a BRLLIANT clip! THANKYOU! :cool:

coin-op
Forum Moderator

Wookey hole

Postby coin-op » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:14 pm

360 degree panoramic view of part of their arcade; not sure if the footage can be embedded, so you have to click on the link for now.

http://www.wookey.co.uk/360-pennyarcade.htm

coin-op
Forum Moderator

Museum at Weesp

Postby coin-op » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:18 pm

360 degree panoramic view of coin operated machine museum at Weesp in Holland.

http://www.haesproductions.nl/panoramas.htm

slotalot

Re: Wookey hole

Postby slotalot » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:55 am

Coin-op wrote:360 degree panoramic view of part of their arcade; not sure if the footage can be embedded, so you have to click on the link for now.

http://www.wookey.co.uk/360-pennyarcade.htm
Hi Coin-op, I once went to Wookey Hole just to see the Arcade :oops: , I tried to explain to jobs worth behind the cash desk that I was a genuine slot-machine collector and I was not interested in anything other than looking at the vintage machines :D .... thats £15.00 came the reply.... but I have traveled 400 miles just to see the vintage arcade and I dont want to see the caves I said :D ....sorry but its still £15.00 came the reply once again :mad: ... what about my wife? she is not interested in the caves and only mildly interested in the vintage arcade I said... Thats £30.00 for the two of you came the reply... is there a concession on the price if I only go to the arcade I asked.... sorry no was the reply :NBG: ... anyway to cut a long story short Mrs slotalot said we had come all this way so we may as well go in :console: ... so we stumped up the £30.00 '!' and made our way to the Arcade, to be fair the arcade was ok and had quite a few vintage machines, but was it worth £30.00 to go in :!?!: ... NO and I won't be going again.....
As a footnote..... I have just returned from a trip to Brighton :cool: ... and I called in to see Jerry at his free to enter vintage arcade, I was made very welcome and we had a long chat about vintage machines etc :D ... would I go again???? Yes well worth it :thumbs:

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:40 am

I wonder if you would have got anywhere by asking to speak to the manager. I used to know the Wookey Hole arcade manager, but suspect he no longer works there. I used to get into the Drayton Manor Bryan's Museum without paying the theme park admission fee courtesy of Jim Bryan and into the Black Country Museum fair/arcade by knowing the Jones family. To bypass jobsworth you need some cheek and the name of the person in charge.

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:06 pm

PennyMachines wrote:I wonder if you would have got anywhere by asking to speak to the manager.
Hi Dave, I think you are probably right, but I seem to remember that there was a quite a que of punters behind me at the time, all wanting my blood for holding them up :oops: , or maybe I should have checked before travelling :-? I just dont think anyone should have to pay that amount to go and put money in a slot machine :!?!: ... on the other hand I can see how they can afford to have panoramic video on there web site. :tarah:

coin-op
Forum Moderator

Postby coin-op » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:10 pm

Well Mr Slotalot, I'm going down that way soonish and I was planning to pop into the Wookey hole arcade, but I have to say that I too don't share an interest in caves and £30 does seem a lot to pay in order to play slot machines that in some cases I actually own. Can't slot machines collectors get some sort of ''Blue Peter'' badge that entitles them to entry into these things??? I'd happily buy the pennies, but as you say Jerry's arcade is free to enter (and welcoming) as too are many others including Carter's (which is like a mini steam fair). Sadly, I guess Wookey hole will remain an untried curiosity to me :-(

slotalot

Postby slotalot » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:46 am

Hi :D , I have just found this link to a review of Jerry's Vintage Arcade in Brighton.
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/museums-nationa ... n/1278151/ .... :tarah:

loramarsden

Postby loramarsden » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:38 pm

i can't believe i went to brighton for the first time a few months and had NO idea this place existed :cry:

coin-op
Forum Moderator

J Morley arcade at the Dorset steam fair 2009

Postby coin-op » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:06 am