Videos of vintage slot machines in action.
slotsoffun

Elevenses Strip and Rebuild to Music!

Postby slotsoffun » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:53 pm

rockola

Re: Elevenses Strip and Rebuild to Music!

Postby rockola » Sat Dec 05, 2015 7:10 pm

Nice one Mark easy to follow instructions.
Pete

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:15 pm

Another great video !!THUMBSX2!!

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Well done, I thoroughly enjoyed that and reckon you should easily get a job at Kegworth 60 years ago.

One teensy weensy point, merely for the sake of easing the learning curve for newcomers to such a major restoration........
You could have started off (as have most of us) by doing the job in the back room on Beloved's lace table cloth that she inherited from her Gran. The video could have then been interrupted by indelicate screaming, hollering and shaking of the camera ....... quick shot to everything now happening at the bottom of the garden with you struggling with stubborn screws when you have one arm in a sling and a head bandage.
Just a thought.
Also, an alternative to replacing the backboard when it's riddled with woodworm is to train the worms to firmly hold hands until they hear the bang of the auctioneer's gavel and the glug of whisky.

All seriousness aside! This thread should be bookmarked so we can easily refer it to enquirers of how to deal with changing allwin bits 'n' bobs as you've expertly covered the topic there.
The only bit you didn't go back to was deconverting back to 1d.
On the couple of occasions I've tackled a sleeved payout tube, I've ended up filling my lungs with burning acrid fumes from some unidentified epoxy adhesive or releasing a goodly amount of molten solder down my left leg ..... oh how I laughed!

BP

slotsoffun

Postby slotsoffun » Sun Dec 13, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi Badpenny

points taken on board!!! Unfortunately, what started out as a video to show the full repairs, I decided to see how long it would take to do the whole thing. In fact, the whole machine was done in less than 8 hours from start to finish.
So in a rush to beat my previous record the camera was put to one side.

You are right, heating the sleeved pay chute released a ton of solder and fumes, also the coin entry slot was easy to convert back to 1d, just a quick blow torch and the full size slot was revealed!

Hope viewers enjoy the video.

dutchboy

Postby dutchboy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:13 pm

Very nice video's to watch slotsoffun CoNgRaTs
Greetings

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:54 pm

Well done Mark, another very interesting an informative video **xXx**
badpenny wrote:This thread should be bookmarked so we can easily refer it to enquirers of how to deal with changing allwin bits 'n' bobs
Follow the link to see more interesting slot videos by slotsoffun:

http://www.s275603065.websitehome.co.uk ... ticles.asp