Videos of vintage slot machines in action.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Bryans Gapwin

Postby coin-op » Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:00 pm

cait001

Re: Wondermatics Boomerang

Postby cait001 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:35 pm

coin-op wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:59 pm
When this video showed up on his last week I literally started laughing out loud at the the ridiculous difficulty. Miss after miss after miss. :HaHa:

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Allwins

Postby badpenny » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:47 pm

As we've come to expect from rippyspennyarcade, another superb piece of work.
Always educational but entertaining.

I've only ever seen one Boomerang. Possibly that one.
They fetch high prices, but I didn't realise how tricksome they were.

BP **xXx**

john t peterson

Postby john t peterson » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:15 pm

I got a Boomerang with the Glen collection that I purchased years ago. After playing it numerous times with only a rare win, I realized that it was essentially a bank. To address the issue, I removed the rod that stops the ball after a loss, allowing the ball to simply cycle back to the hammer. It made for a much more satisfying experience to eliminate the constant coin feed. My suspicion is that the game was a loser at the operator level once players realized how difficult it was to get a winner. That would explain why so few are around today. Not that many were originally sold. All said, it is a fascinating design and an engaging if frustrating play.

J Peterson
American Boomer

moonriver

Postby moonriver » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:58 pm

Entertaining video as always! A joy to watch.
It would be more popular I guess if there were higher jackpots to play for on the cups on the left say 12 each rather than 2, and all 6 wins on the animals. The 'Jackpot' allwins always get played more chasing the centre win.
Out of choice (to operate) of the unusual Wonders games, 'Chip or Bust' is so difficult to win, yet looks so easy, and rather than coming away with that feeling of it's impossible to win, it feels like just one more go to be successful.

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:54 pm

I recall one of these Boomerangs was sold at Coventry in 2016, had a go at playing it - and won! But as you say John, just too difficult to win and I guess in consequence, hard to retain any enthusiasm for the game by the punter.

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:57 pm

Love the Gapwin machine. In my opinion, one of the best allwins for player appeal. Very clever and ingenious design by Mr Bryan.