Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
pennymachines
Site Admin

Antique slot machine criminal

Postby pennymachines » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:53 pm

NEWSFLASH!

In the CENTRAL CRIMINAL COURT
before the Lord Mayor of the City of London, Justices of His Majesty's High Court, Judges of the Central Criminal Court, Sheriffs, under-Sheriffs, Aldermen, etc.
February 10th, 1902:

VERNON RAWKINS (18) has pleaded guilty to stealing two keys, the property of the Automatic Skill Machine Company; also to obtaining an automatic machine by false pretences from Eliza Huxtable, with intent to defraud; also to forging and uttering a request for the delivery of an automatic machine. A former conviction was proved against him.
He has been sentenced to six months' hard labour.

http://www.oldbaileyonline.org/browse.j ... 020210.xml

john t peterson

Re: Antique slot machine criminal

Postby john t peterson » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:27 pm

Would someone mind contacting Mr. Rawkins on my behalf? I just took possession of the "Sports" game pictured below and desperately need the key.

Thanks.

J Peterson
Keyless (and some would say clueless) in America
Sport1.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:10 pm

Fas-key-nating. Googling Vernon Rawlings merely shows the account that Pennymachines found and nothing else.

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:43 pm

I got there by searching "Automatic Skill Machine Company" on JP's behalf...

john t peterson

Postby john t peterson » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Thank you, Mr. PM.

Now, if someone would please tickle Richard Goddard for me, I'd like to know the size and number of balls appropriate for said "Sports" machine by Automatic Skill Machine Company. I've promised an article for the Arena on this particular game but first need to get the poor baby up and running.

Thanks in advance for the excellent response I know is forthcoming and for which Pennymachines members are only too well known.

J Peterson
American by birth, British by passion

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:51 am

You're welcome John.

Jeremy Clapham
British by Father's passion

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:45 pm

John T. Peterson wrote:Now, if someone would please tickle Richard Goddard for me, I'd like to know the size and number of balls appropriate for said "Sports" machine by Automatic Skill Machine Company
One relaxing and tickling week away with Mrs beloved and I return to find a dubious, yet innocuous inquisition, in respect to my assiduous observations.

Mr Peterson, Sir, did your Mother never inform you that it is dangerous to allow the esoteric nature of one's balls to be made exoteric, notwithstanding the possibility that perhaps every point on its/their surface may in fact not be equidistant from its/their centre.

Richard Goddard. BMco
(British Malfunctioning communicator)

Edited once to make the syntax more legible

john t peterson

Postby john t peterson » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:19 pm

Arrgee,

I'm sure all will agree that your balls are far superior to mine. If you would be so kind, Sir, to count their number residing in your "Sports'" machine, the one with the eleven drain holes on the top level, I shall be forever in your debt.

J Peterson
Balless in America

PS I just received from the owner of my machine one of the original balls so I now know the correct size.

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:59 pm

This site is so educational .......
Esoteric, one of those words I felt at times I wanted to throw into a sentence but was never really sure about.
ex·o·ter·ic   [ek-suh-ter-ik]
adjective
suitable for or communicated to the general public.

However there are so many so few parts of me I feel should be esoteric, I best shut up and not shout up.

arrgee

Postby arrgee » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:13 am

John T. Peterson wrote:If you would be so kind, Sir, to count their number residing in your "Sports'" machine, the one with the eleven drain holes on the top level, I shall be forever in your debt.
John,
Sir, I believe that you have been misinformed for alas I do not possess such a machine and therefore, regrettably, not in a position to elucidate further in respect to the number of balls that should be present. My humbly ashamed apologies.
I remain Sir,
Your Obedient, yet watchfully tenacious, Servant.

Richard Goddard. MBco
(Bagatelle Malformation co-ordinator)