Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
andydotp

Latest Yahoo!7NEWS

Postby andydotp » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:44 am

As is my want after a long day down t'pit I enjoy nothing more than catching up with the latest news and current affairs before most of you have risen from your slumber, boiled your toast and spread marmite on your tea, after which we get together to discuss the more pressing issues of the day.
Today's insightful Headers are:

"Rubber Chickens, Diapers Suggested For China's Holiday Travel" and
"Rio Unleashes 'Pee Patrols' To Clean Up Carnival"

Both reports make for a somewhat frivolous change from the usual political dross and now (allegedly) Wide-Spread doping, cheating and Match-Fixing in,,,,in,,,,in,,,,,in,,,,,,,,, Australian Sport :shock:

Anyone up yet? !!COOEE!!

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Latest Yahoo!7NEWS

Postby badpenny » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:16 am

When you say "up" ...... the morning glory stopped years ago, I am however dressed and wading my way through my second slice of coffee.

BBC news this morning isn't much better, they astounded the nation with the shock that research proves that working while you eat your lunch isn't good for you. It seems we should use our lunch hour to go for a walk around our boring industrial complex where all buildings look the same.

This came as a relief for me as whilst I do work through my lunch, I don't take an hour only ten minutes and I don't eat. So that's ok then.

BP

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:44 pm

School leavers now are being advised by the gov health advisory to look for a job that starts at 9am ends at 10am and you get an hour for lunch, but most think this is a bit harsh, better take a gap year first and wander around dressed like a Talaban and doing f...k all !!SUICIDAL!!

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:54 pm

I left school on the Friday and started work on the Monday ............ I had a gap weekend!

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38 pm

I left school on the Friday and started work on the Sat, you brainy types always had it easy. mind you the job I started on the sat? Im still there,and it will be 50 years in 4 weeks time. Started as tea boy and now I own the place,bricks and all..........must have made good tea !!RAYOF!!

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:20 pm

Must be nice to have a career, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
I'm still working on my childhood and am determined to have a happy one no matter how long it takes. :cool:

andydotp

Postby andydotp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:04 am

coppinpr wrote:I left school on the Friday and started work on the Sat, you brainy types always had it easy. mind you the job I started on the sat? Im still there,and it will be 50 years in 4 weeks time. Started as tea boy and now I own the place,bricks and all..........must have made good tea !!RAYOF!!
Well done Paul,,,, a modern day Victor Khyam (sp?). Didn't he start the same way and end up buying Gillette or some other shaver company?
And I thought last week being my Twentieth year at Vertigo High Access was summat. :#:
badpenny wrote:Must be nice to have a career, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
I'm still working on my childhood and am determined to have a happy one no matter how long it takes. :cool:
Ever thought of a career in abseiling down tall buildings and other structures BP? You get to view many strange goings on - particularly on hotels and cruise ships....there was this one woman who came right up to the window and,,,,,. :woops: That'd be telling. :tut

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:28 am

andydotp wrote:....there was this one woman who came right up to the window and,,,,,. :woops: That'd be telling. :tut
I do apologise about that, my Mother was a bugger.

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:59 pm

my Mother was a bugger.
Is that possible? Ive led a very sheltered life, if it is do have any photos?

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:15 pm

You're confusing what I said with buggerer.