What Meyer?

Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
badpenny
Forum Moderator

What Meyer?

Post by badpenny »

On eBay at the moment someone in Scotland with only 3 feedback of which 50% is positive has an auction for a pair of Jubilee Cashcendo bandits in appalling condition.

I often look at what else people are auctioneering (as Paul says "The Winter nights simply fly by").
On first glance they seem to be selling off Commercial Catering equipment of which an oven they are offering caught my eye .........

mmmm! appetising.
mmmm! appetising.

jimmy55

Re: What Meyer?

Post by jimmy55 »

This goes to prove 2 things .....1) Never trust a 12 year old to name your business. 2) Californians must speak a different language.

I Quote from his website ....Ah, the smell of fresh baked cookies! It reminds us of growing up, mom baking in the kitchen, sharing good times with friends and family. It can also be the inspiration for a new business. In 1976, Ken Rawlings was walking through the Fox Hills mall in Los Angeles when he first took in that heavenly scent and realized that his future should be in cookies. He decided that a chain of cookie shops would be a great idea. With his 12 year old daughter coining the name “Otis Spunkmeyer,” the company was born. His first store was in Oakland. By 1979, Ken had left his day job to run Otis Spunkmeyer full time.

By 1983, there were 20 successful Otis Spunkmeyer stores in California, but the industry was changing. Sensing an opportunity, Ken made the switch from retail to wholesale. Manufacturing and distributing frozen cookie dough to foodservice accounts proved to be a very smart decision. Otis Spunkmeyer started distributing its frozen cookie dough by opening small depots or “sales centers” all across the country. Fleets of Otis Spunkmeyer trucks operated from each sales center to service local customers directly. By the end of the 1980’s, Otis Spunkmeyer had 40,000 accounts across the country. It seems everyone wanted to sell fresh baked cookies.

Perhaps it more memorable than Ken Rawlings Cookies?
marktol

Post by marktol »

I saw those,

Look to be some other bandit bits in the background as well on one of the pictures I thought. I wonder how long they will survive on ebay...

They seem to have the removal process down to a fine art at the moment...
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Welcome back Mark I was worried you'd won the Lottery and were living a life of unbridled luxury somewhere you've been quiet so long.
Good to hear from you and learn you haven't !PUZZLED!

I agree bandits on eBay seem to have a very short shelf life at the moment, if you were interested in those you'd be one of the few of us who'd have to travel the full length of England to collect. :o
marktol

Post by marktol »

Thanks BP,

I've still been lurking in the background for a while. Had a bit of a break while I sorted some finances etc., but am now back looking for my next restoration project! I have a revised approach to it all and trying to be a little more sensible with what I buy, and how much I spend! Trying to break the "well they don't come up very often so I should get it" mindset!

Yes, that's definitely a distance to go and would I suspect be a fairly expensive courier job as well. I'm still really only interested in the Mills machines and Trade Stimulators so luckily I won't find myself tempted to put the odd bid in!

Cheers,
Mark.
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

Popular brand over here in Merkur. I believe my local Justice of the Peace has one.

judge w.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Good lord is he still practising? :o
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Practicing what, I might ask? Nooooooo....I don't want to know! !OMFG!

J Peterson
Past President, Wankers Anonymous
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

jimmy55 wrote:Never trust a 12 year old to name your business
I read of a family who decided to let everyone vote on what to have for the large family Xmas dinner by writing their choices on a slip of paper and dropping them into a hat and promising to have whatever was picked from the hat. Stupidly, they included the kids and 12 people sat down to KFC on xmas day. !PUKE!