On this day in 1947

Enter the Honourable Judge's favourite tavern for a dram of Tittle Tattle. There's an ancient bandit in the corner, but I forget his name...
coppinpr

On this day in 1947

Post by coppinpr »

On the 19th June 1947 the Pan Am super constellation "clipper Eclipse "crashed in the Iraq desert killing 7 of the 25 passengers and 7 of the 10 crew. One engine had failed and the other three overheated, one caught fire causing it to detach from the wing. The crew attempted a belly landing in the desert which was unfortunately only partially successful. One of the three surviving crew members (the 3rd officer) being only slightly injured managed to pull 22 people clear of the crash, he then organized two groups to search for help, one group found a village, and help soon arrived.
After the crash the 3rd officer left aviation (not surprisingly) and became a writer, some years later he created "Star Trek", his name was Gene Roddenberry
and you thought star trek stories were unbelievable :o
john t peterson

Re: On this day in 1947

Post by john t peterson »

Earlier this year, a 1988 Rolls Royce Silver Spur sedan, owed by Gene Roddenberry sold at auction here in Bristol, Tennessee for $13,000. It had 53,000 miles on the odometer and was reported to originally cost $185,000 new. It was a beautiful car. Tears were running down my face as the hammer came down with Dearly Beloved's voice ringing in my ears, "Don't you dare....."

J Peterson
Rolls-less, USA
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

john t peterson wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:09 pm Tears were running down my face as the hammer came down with Dearly Beloved's voice ringing in my ears, "Don't you dare....."

J Peterson
Rolls-less, USA
T'would appear you were about to boldly go where no man has gone before, which sounds like tribble to me. Highly illogical. :#:
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

:HaHa: :HaHa: :HaHa: :HaHa: :HaHa:

Easy for you to say, Dr. Sprocket.
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

T'would appear you were about to boldly go where no man has gone before, which sounds like tribble to me. Highly illogical. :#:
"its funny Jim,but not as we know it"