What slot did you get for Xmas?

General vintage slot machine related topics.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

What slot did you get for Xmas?

Post by badpenny »

Come on then ..... time to brag ...... not only did you get a slot for a present, it means she doesn't really mind you filling up the house with rusty crap. :D

Re: What slot did you get for Xmas?

Post by Guest »

Happy Xmas one and all!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr Badpenny, what are you doing on the pc on Xmas morning? Did Santa bring you any slots? This is what Santa got me .......(below). A couple of questions - why are there 2 coin slots and is it supposed to light up after the last play to show the last result? I know it's made by Whales of Redcar but that's about it.........
Attachments
001.JPG
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Guest wrote:Happy Xmas one and all!!!!!!!!!!!! Mr Badpenny, what are you doing on the pc on Xmas morning? Did Santa bring you any slots? This is what Santa got me .......(below). A couple of questions - why are there 2 coin slots and is it supposed to light up after the last play to show the last result? I know it's made by Whales of Redcar but that's about it.........
Hi :D , It has two coin slots, one for men and one for women :X!X: and it only remains lit when the knob has been fully turned after putting in a penny, and as for Badpenny being on the pc on Christmas morning :?: that's because he is sad...... Like Me ;-) But not as good looking :flirt: , nice machine by the way.... all I got was aftershave :cry: .... Regards slotalot. :tarah:
cadillac55uk

Post by cadillac55uk »

Lots of aftershave.....people think we smell when we get to certain age!!! lol
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Oh well, I'm glad somebody got a slot for Xmas, I didn't! ................ The reason I was on the site on Xmas morning was because we were all ready to pop off on the boat for the week, when Mrs. Badpenny suddenly remembered she might not have packed enough shoes, so had just popped back upstairs to check.................... Thus giving me enough time to check my e-mails, read the whole of Wikipedia etc.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Badpenny wrote:Oh well, I'm glad somebody got a slot for Xmas, I didn't! ................ The reason I was on the site on Xmas morning was because we were all ready to pop off on the boat for the week, when Mrs. Badpenny suddenly remembered she might not have packed enough shoes, so had just popped back upstairs to check.................... Thus giving me enough time to check my e-mails, read the whole of Wikipedia etc.
I knew you would have a Perfectly Legitimate Reason for being on the site on Christmas morning :thumbs: .... have a good new year...Stuart. :tarah:
brianward

Post by brianward »

My wife surprised me with this superb Rondomat bought from Harold in the High Peak. All year she has moaned about machines and begged me to say "this is definitely the last one". Still what a woman! This machine works like a dream and is so quiet. Pictue attached.

Happy new year to all --Brian
Attachments
1cb3_1.jpg
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Well done Brian ............ look after her :mrgreen:
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Badpenny wrote:Well done Brian ............ look after her :mrgreen:
Yes, well done, look after the wife as well.... :cool:
goodpenny

Post by goodpenny »

did any one get any slots for xmas 2010????
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I didn't, but then I did buy the Rol A Top at Coventry and am now saving up for the gold plating.
I did get the fairgrounds during the war book from Mrs Badpenny, she got a pair of slippers because the gold plating is going to cost me'thinks. :o
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

My wife bought me this Whales Allwin that you probably saw on ebay. I wanted something to work on and boy it needed a lot of work; the playfield was very badly damaged and I've only been able to do a reasonable job and not a perfect one. The case I stripped and re-varnished and it looks great. The metalwork cleaned up very well and the machine works perfect. Just waiting for hinges and a lock to arrive.

The great thing about this machine is, of course, the football pools theme, with surely one of the best artworks. All the div one teams of the time listed on the pools coupon and the great stylised figure of the pools tipster who can, of course, have only one name. Horace Batchelor. How many of you remember him from his adverts on Radio Luxenburg in the 60s, personally selling his pools perm system? His address from the radio ad is burned into my memory. Horace Batchelor, Dept 3, Keynsham, Bristol. And that's why I have to call him Horace. I bought the machine from a man in KEYNSHAM !!!!!
Attachments
allwin1.jpg
loramarsden

Post by loramarsden »

before i apologise for months of absence...

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU LUCKY BOYS!!!...

slots for christmas. incredible.

anyway, back to apologies! sorry i havent been around since july/august? time. finished uni and within a couple of months got a job! so i'm working full time at a local school as their art technician/artist in residence! so, i kind of have an excuse for the neglect..but not much of one! i guess with it being my first job i'm struggling to manage my spare time! but one of my new years resolutions is to make more time to come on here, i have SO MUCH i need to know!

hope you are all well and having the best start to 2011 possible!

mmmmmwah! x