Bingolett help needed.

General vintage slot machine related topics.
tatty-adams

Bingolett help needed.

Post by tatty-adams »

Hi, I am new to these machines and have just brought a Bingolett machine via the dreaded ebay, it all fires up OK and works but the number 1s do not register and it doesn’t pay out. There is a small solenoid missing in the top L/H side when viewed from the back which I assume is why the 1s don’t register. Can anyone tell me where I can get a replacement from or what the spec is so I can try to source one. I am OK fixing mechanical stuff but not super hot on electronics!! I can email you photos if it would help. Thank you in advance. Best regards, Matt.
treefrog

Re: Bingolet help needed.

Post by treefrog »

Welcome to the site.

I would do a search using the facility at the top of the screen for "Bingolett" and you will get quite a few previous posts from others that have bought one of these. There are some advisories on spares sources and also a wiring diagram posted under the Resource section. WIRING DIAGRAM
I am not familiar with these, but others will be if you need further help,
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Bingolet help needed.

Post by pennymachines »

Englishman11 is your man for advice and spares on these. Try sending him an email via the forum. Say Pennymachines sent you!
operator bell

Re: Bingolett help needed.

Post by operator bell »

I picked up one of these last year - great machines. There are four stepping switches in the back - top left counts 1s, top right counts 2s, bottom left counts 3s and bottom right counts 4s. Coil voltage is 28V DC. Is the whole stepping switch gone, or just the solenoid actuator? Either way it will be a difficult part to find.
tatty-adams

Post by tatty-adams »

Hi Guys, thank you for your suggestions/advice. It is the top left solenoid that is missing, the rest of the mech is there. I can push it manually, so I guess it is just the solenoid I need. At least with your advice I now know it is 28v and it is that reel that counts the 1s! I am going to swap one of the others to its position and see if the 1s then work. Is there a separate reason that it won’t pay out or is this linked to the missing solenoid? The solenoid that fires the coins out is there and it works manually.
Best regards, Matt.
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Hi Matt, Don't forget that although the solenoids work on 28volts, the main cam motor runs on 240volts ac :zapa: so please take care if working live :tarah:
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

The payout solenoid is also 240V so beware of the exposed contact tips of the payout relay, also the coin-in switch. :shock:
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

BUGGER!!!!!!!!!!! I Missed that one :oops:
Attachments
Electrocuted.gif
Electrocuted.gif (15.5 KiB) Viewed 3954 times
malcymal_notloggedin

Post by malcymal_notloggedin »

I have been offered one of these in full restored condition, working on new pence. It looked really nice and it was £200, is this good?
In fact the shop had about 20 different wall machines, they have found a source where there are literally hundreds stored that have been done up. They also had some similar with a golf theme?
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

For £200 I think I'd be expecting one in perfect condition and preferably on old coinage (but then I'm a funny old twatter me!) and if he has access to literally hundreds, then the laws of supply and demand come into play.
new man collecting

Post by new man collecting »

where is this shop? are they all german machines? only want 1 :eek: :***
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

What sort of German machine are you after?............. I'll bet there'll be plenty to choose from at The Coventry Auction Safe Clicky
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Just on another note, with the Bingolett, how does the machine know when the coin tube is full and to redirect to cash box? What is the purpose of the swivelling piece of metal (almost coat-hanger width) that sits on the front side of the coin tube bending over to the top of coin tube? What a fascinating coin mechanism, amazing to watch.
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

Your machine being new P, it's a bit different from my old D. I don't have a piece of metal bending over the top of the coin tube. But on mine, coins fall into the tube on edge from between two plates. When the tube is full, they can't fall out of the plates, so they roll out of a gap on one side and fall into the cash box chute.
Malcymal offline

Post by Malcymal offline »

Yep, that's exactly how mine works - when the coin tube is full (it is now, with all the 20 pences I've put in it), the metal wire pinches the coin in the slot so the next coin rolls from the side chute into the cashbox. When the coins in the tube go down, the metal wire is released, allowing coins into the tube again. Brilliantly simple, I love this machine.