Bingolett help needed.

General vintage slot machine related topics.
new man collecting

Re: Bingolett help needed.

Post by new man collecting »

where is this shop? are they all german machines? only want 1 :eek: :***
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

What sort of German machine are you after?............. I'll bet there'll be plenty to choose from at The Coventry Auction Safe Clicky
malcymal

Post by malcymal »

Just on another note, with the Bingolett, how does the machine know when the coin tube is full and to redirect to cash box? What is the purpose of the swivelling piece of metal (almost coat-hanger width) that sits on the front side of the coin tube bending over to the top of coin tube? What a fascinating coin mechanism, amazing to watch.
operator bell

Post by operator bell »

Your machine being new P, it's a bit different from my old D. I don't have a piece of metal bending over the top of the coin tube. But on mine, coins fall into the tube on edge from between two plates. When the tube is full, they can't fall out of the plates, so they roll out of a gap on one side and fall into the cash box chute.
Malcymal offline

Post by Malcymal offline »

Yep, that's exactly how mine works - when the coin tube is full (it is now, with all the 20 pences I've put in it), the metal wire pinches the coin in the slot so the next coin rolls from the side chute into the cashbox. When the coins in the tube go down, the metal wire is released, allowing coins into the tube again. Brilliantly simple, I love this machine.