Jukebox Madness

General vintage slot machine related topics.
treefrog

Jukebox Madness

Post by treefrog »

Anybody go to Jukebox madness today, if so was there much in the way of slots?
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Re: Jukebox madness

Post by coin-op »

I went and I can tell you that you didn't miss much in the line of slots. No allwins (well, one nostalgia amusement one at £320), 3 or 4 60's bandits (aristocrat, £400 Sega high top), 4 old pinballs and a bunch of more modern pinballs. Not much in the line of jukeboxes either, although I did see a Wurlitzer 850 and a Wurlitzer 950 at £25,000 and £35,000 respectively (I can pass on the sellers details if you are interested :mad: ). The show has really become a 50's retro and over priced record show hanging on to its history of being a jukebox show. Quite a bit space (especially upstairs), so they aren't even selling the spaces that they have done before. To top it all, the show didn't actually open until around 10 past 10; it's something when you can't open a big show like this on time! They said there was a technical glitch...then a guy turned up and unlocked the padlock on the entry gates :mad: Much worse than last year and the year before and sure to get much worse in the future I fear. Definately my last trip there. Spend the money you saved on petrol and the £8 admission at Jerry's auction on 29 November in Coventry :D
slotalot

Post by slotalot »

Coin-op wrote:I can pass on the sellers details if you are interested
I thought you had passed it on!!!..... 35.000..... that must be his phone number.. :tarah:
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I think I will start with something like a Ami Junior, more like my price range and small enough to fit between all the slots.

Glad I didn't decide to head down there, I was tempted, but had been disappointed by the Jukebox show earlier in the year, although it sounds like there were more slots there and it was good to visit Jerry's place.

You're right - I am looking forward to the Coventry auction. I must separate myself from some of my machines to make space, as I am sure I will take a few items home and this time I am thinking of something wall mounted, which I have yet to own.

Not sure if I will go to the Carters auction though, as it appears to have less slots this year. You would have thought people would be getting rid of machines during a recession. Lets hope Coventry gets as good a selection as last year.
thunder struck

Post by thunder struck »

Hi, has anyone had a go at building their own Ami Continental? I see an add on ebay saying 9.99 for the plans. Just wondering how hard it would be. Any info welcome.
Rob.
coin-op
Forum Moderator

Post by coin-op »

rob hodge wrote:..has anyone had a go at building their own Ami Continental ? ....how hard it would be ..
It may be that someone on this forum can enlighten you, but a better place to try might be the BJO site (British Jukebox Owners), as this is really more of a slot machine site. However, I have to say that from my own experience I have found the BJO seems more like a colonial old boys club where they just answer enquiries to the inner circle...it ain't as friendly as this site :) We answer questions even when we don't know the answer :mad:
As to how hard it is to make it, well personal skills will undoubtedly have a bearing and it's not going to be a machine that ends up being a repro Continental which will fool the world. So, it will probably end up being an enjoyable project (get back to us and argue that one when it's done) and you would end up with probably a very cheap, cool looking jukebox. However, inevitably it will have a limited re-sale value (although I know this isn't the reason to be making it in the first place).
momo

Post by momo »

I started at the Jukebox Madness show at its roots in Beenham, but now it is just a record fair with a few jukes, some slots on sale but at high prices.
It needs to be smaller and work more on quality machines but has grown to become a monster - not what Mike or Roger wanted I am sure..
As for juke questions, I will try to help if you want any as I have been collecting for 25 years now.

Still wet behind the ears with slots though. !PUZZLED! !PUZZLED!