Sega mad money coin mechanism wanted

General vintage slot machine related topics.
sparcy

Sega mad money coin mechanism wanted

Post by sparcy »

Hi

I need a coin mechanism for my Sega Mad money one arm bandit.

The complete mechanism that takes the coin and moves it across the front of the machine and into the coin tube, at the same time enabling the arm to pull is missing from the top of the machine.

I am not sure how to decribe the machine but has a curved cast metal front and a rectangulat light unit mounted on the top.
Identical games of this style are called bonus star, mad money etc.

It looks like the coin tube is old 6d

If any body can help I would be gratful

Peter
treefrog

Re: Sega mad money coin mechanism wanted

Post by treefrog »

Hi Sparcy,
I believe the part you are after is called the escalator and looks like the one in the pictures below.
These very occasionally come up on ebay. Alternativley you can place a wanted request on this site or possily try Henry Powell
at http://www.1armedbandit.co.uk
Orginals like below will cost around £50-£60 or you can get a lot cheaper a Shefras, but these do not display the coins in the little window display.
Hope this helps
Attachments
CIMG1389.JPG
CIMG1388.JPG
Malc not logged in

Post by Malc not logged in »

Powell's should have plenty of Shefras as he takes them in as trade for escalators. The Shefras are far more reliable in my opinion, less chance of jamming (having used both on different machines) but less aesthetically pleasing as suggested as you don't see the coins moving across the window. You can see the coins at the left hand side of the window going in and see it rolling down the chute for a brief glimpse. You can polish the Shefras up nicely which will gleam and shine through the window at the front of the machine. The escalators I have seen on ebay have been pretty few and who knows what condition they were in? If you get a 6d Shefras - you can undo the screws to open it up, with micro thin washers you can position this in between the two halves which slightly opens up the thickness for coin entry which will allow the use of the new small 5p coin. Adjust the coin detector pin slightly and off you go. Payouts will be slightly wrong but it does turn your Mad Money into a nice money box.
malc not logged in

sega

Post by malc not logged in »

Is your machine something like this? This is my one at home that I made good.
Attachments
sega1.jpg
sega2.jpg
sparcy

Post by sparcy »

Thanks Guys

The machine I have is exactly like the one in the picture

I will try the contacts you have given me

Thanks

Sparcy
chris rideout

Post by chris rideout »

I have a Shefras escalator in mine. It had been virtually trouble free in 36 years. You might be interested to know that the "Mad Money" has identical payout discs as "Strike a Bonanza" and the only difference is the criss-cross wins of the Alfred E Neuman faces which are replaced by £ symbols. Many of the Sega machines had reel tapes which differed only slightly from the Mills Hi-Top machines.