Bryans Elevenses Part

General vintage slot machine related topics.
tdmnick

Bryans Elevenses Part

Post by tdmnick »

Hi,

Just waiting for my email activation which seems to be 'lost' for now... !PUZZLED!

Anyway - does anyone know if it's possible to obtain the 'Stop Post' for a Bryan's Elevenses I've just acquired - this is the external (chromed?) post mounted just below the spring lever to stop (presumably) over-stretching the spring and/or stop the lever moving too far down. Mine is missing altogether, no 'post' and no nut to retain it at the back. The hole is there though...

Thanks!
N.
bryans fan

Re: Bryans Elevenses Part

Post by bryans fan »

Nostalgic machines do a chromed thumbstop.

In Archive under suppliers: https://pennymachines.co.uk/Archive/SparesAllwins.htm
tdmnet5

Post by tdmnet5 »

Thanks for that, never occurred to me to look in that category. Mind you, Nostalgic Machines website doesn't seem to work for me, anyway have left a message on their answerphone.
bryans fan

Post by bryans fan »

I must admit I did not follow the link. I can`t get to their website either. I assume they are still trading as they advertise in Jerry`s mag. Failing that I would think one of the members with a lathe could turn you one out of brass rod, put a thread on it and then you could get it chromed. Might be a bit expensive! I have not noticed one for sale as spares for some time, or I would have bought it!
tdmnick

Post by tdmnick »

Very odd, Nostalgic Machines don't seem to be contactable via phone or even mobile phone. I'll wait a few days and try again.

Back to my Elevenses: any idea what metal the corner decorative castings are - where the chrome is worn it looks a bit like brass? Reason I ask is that where the ball hammer lever comes through, it has worn a large uneven shaped hole due to heavy use, which means operation is a bit less than satisfactory. Is it possible to braze/weld this hole smaller, or should I just look around for a spare bottom right casting, perhaps at Coventry in November?

Incidentally it's interesting that the top right casting '1p' is slightly smaller vertically than the others, and it's easy to spot where there must have been at some point a standard sized '1d' casting, by the wood colour.

Thanks!