General vintage slot machine related topics.
onearm

CAPITAL LETTERS kerfuffle

Postby onearm » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:18 pm

HI EVERY ONE SORRY BUT I AM NEW TO THIS I HAVE A GOVERNOR WHICH WAS IN A BIT OF A SORRY STATE SO I STRIPPED IT DOWN - NOT THE ACTUAL WORKINGS JUST THE CASE AND BITS WOULD LIKE SOME PHOTOS OF THE INSIDE SO I CAN SEE WHERE THE BITS GO SO IF ANY ONE CAN HELP ME I WOULD BE GRATEFUL THANK YOU ONEARM.

roger

Re: the governor

Postby roger » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:18 pm

i note your use of capitals in your post......better watch out as some members go "ape" when you do this.....i am from mongolia so it doesn't bother me but you will soon be attackedby uk members if you continue to use caps.......roger

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Hello onearm I'm sorry you weren't greeted more politely to the forum.
Let me say welcome to Pennymachines and generally speaking our members are helpful and keen to assist newcomers.

As we say to everyone who presents your kind of question ..... !TWWP!

Curiously we had a very similar request from a newcomer last weekend who was writing on behalf of his friend, is this related?

'The Governor by Jennings' info required

Badpenny

roger

Postby roger » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:45 pm

to badpenny........i dont know this new member but do find it funny that he is also unaware of the use of caps....i also welcome him to this great cpoin-op site.....roger

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Postby badpenny » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:01 pm

Roger .....

Originally I asked you why you were shouting. Nobody went ape, it was a gentle hint, which you decided to become bloody minded about. You were then answered by several other members ( not all UK) who tried to politely explain to you what the issue was.
You deliberately continued out of mischief to type with your CAPS LOCK on except of course for your ID.
And now you're continuing it. You're not adding to the hobby nor the OP's question, in fact you're not being helpful or entertaining (except yourself).

I suspect your problem is nothing to do with this site, me, capital letters or indeed anything else you've had to say, I wouldn't be surprised if it was something to do with the original thread this started on. JTP referred sarcastically to a political member in the USA which was what you really wanted to have a go at.
However as a Slot machine forum has nothing to do with either politics or religion you did the right thing by not going there. However at this rate there are going to be some who would prefer you to go somewhere else if you don't grow up.

Badpenny

andydotp

Postby andydotp » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:43 am

Welcome onearm,
A great first machine The Governor. This model was my first too since I moved to upsidedownland.
They're easy to work on - like Mills High Tops, but mine's never had so much as a coin jam.
Buy the Jennings manual perhaps and tinker away. Whilst they're complex, there's a simplicity to the mechs also.
Best regs,
andydotp

gameswat

Postby gameswat » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:13 am

Thanks BP - saved me writing time. I for one would prefer roger went elsewhere, most of his posts are either digs at various members or just plain pointless. And it seems he doesn't think much of the information we do bring up anyway, such as that "Watling" greyhound racer.....I vote roger the goat!

bob

Postby bob » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:55 am

I go along with badpenny's and Gameswat's feelings about Roger's posts on this Forum. They are characterised by digs at other members, their contributions and the forum itself and contain no useful information. They are totally alien to the spirit of the forum with its useful information and gentle humour.
I think this stems from Roger's inability to accept that fact that contributions to the Forum demonstrated quite conclusively that the Greyhound Racer was a British machine and not a Watling one.
If you can't drop your hostile 'sore loser' attitude to this Forum Roger, then go elsewhere.

bryans fan

Postby bryans fan » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:50 am

WELL SAID BOB.Oh sorry for shouting, I was beginning to think slider had returned to the forum.

treefrog

Postby treefrog » Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:50 pm

Was thinking this was ending up like another Slider situation.....wonder if this should be put to bed before it gets worse......as you must surely know the more response that is provided against what someone has done, whether right or wrong, the greater the retaliation as humans don't like being put into a corner..... !!BANGBANG!!