Hi from a new member

General vintage slot machine related topics.
jimmy55

Re: Hi from a new member.

Post by jimmy55 »

Some say Allwin enthusiasts recognise each other by their calloused right thumb. Something akin to a Masonic handshake.
andydotp

Post by andydotp »

Welcome Darren,,,,,,,,,,,,, to the World of The Doomed mate.
It's a global epidemic and reached even these far-flung shores of Awestraylia (about a week after I did :shock: )
However, you've stumbled upon the best place to seek others' opinions - especially when looking to hand over your hard-earned.
Again, welcome.
andydotp
arrgee

Post by arrgee »

Hi minidaz and welcome to the foremost website on earth, covering slots of all kinds from all ages, you will find invaluable information here (if not just ask, there are members out there eagerly waiting by their keyboards, fingers poised).

Why not register for the monthly Mechanical Memories Magazine, (just click the Archive link on the left and then click the drawer titled Magazine) it is produced by one of our very knowledgeable members JC and contains informative and useful information - no slottie should be without it !!THUMBSX2!!

Located near Huntingdon eh, bought my first allwin from Huntingdon quite a few years ago and not looked back since, good hunting for what will become more than just a 'hobby'
minidaz

Post by minidaz »

Recently found the forum to be very helpful. Been having a look through ebay ( and elsewhere ) as you do, and a few things caught my eye.
But before bidding, or even asking the seller a question, it was on to this forum - quick search - and see what I can find. There's already been a couple of things that, due to the what i've read on the forum, i've either decided against or asked a question relating to a certain issue or topic.

I guess it goes to show that places like this, with people ranging from newbies to experts, are a very handy and helpful resource.
jimmy55

Post by jimmy55 »

Very true Daz ....I've learned a lot on this site, even a few things about penny machines :o
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

I still haven't learned enough to explain 3 marriages plus a failed long term ......... :!?!:
coppinpr

Re: Hi from a new member

Post by coppinpr »

Welcome from the Ukraine to the best slot forum bar none, no I don't live in Ukraine I'm just here today :o yesterday it was Georgia :o but not a slot machine in sight so I thought I'd log in and get a fix of pennymachines
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Hi from a new member

Post by badpenny »

You're too late coppinpr. Seems they blew the bugger up 4 years ago: Ten dead, ten injured in fire at Ukrainian slot machine arcade.