A request? .... I think.

General vintage slot machine related topics.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

A request? .... I think.

Post by badpenny »

I've just received an email from a collector in Americaland, seems jokey but puzzles me. !PUZZLED! So I am spreading the good word as requested. BP

Hey Mr Bad P you're a MOD. Spread the good word on your edge of the world. A machine for sale is always good to hear about, but saying you just spotted it when checking the link shows it's the same guy selling it STINKS.
Let's be nice to each other huh?
slotalot

Re: A request? .... I think.

Post by slotalot »

badpenny wrote:seems jokey but puzzles me.
I have tried to translate it from American !!USA!! to English /\UK/\ with Babelfish !!KIPPERSLAP!! but still !PUZZLED!

Just had the story explained to me now I understand :D well you are bound to cop it if you try a stunt like that :oops:
youngerap

Post by youngerap »

Odd.

Do you think he is trying to say that the chap who has 'just noticed' the machine for sale is the same chap as who is selling it?

Why is he upset about that?
john t peterson

Post by john t peterson »

Shilling for your own game under the guise of anonymity may be misleading but I don't think it reaches the level of "stink."
I'm always happy to learn of machines for sale that might be of interest but have escaped my attention, even if it's the seller hiding in the weeds who puts out the word. But then, I may be a little less ethically-minded that the chap who made the original comment.

J Peterson
Ethically-challenged American
gameswat

Post by gameswat »

I've been waiting for someone to point to the post by the guy who spotted the link by the same guy who smells really bad by the guy who doesn't punctuate well from lalaland clear, enough?!
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

yes it was me ofcourse,but I really dont understand the guys view !PUZZLED! I was actually going to say I was selling then decided to say Id seen it, as my user name is the same there and here it was hardly hiding. my bad choice of words really,I never thought about hiding !SHY!