Sega Bonanza

General vintage slot machine related topics.
bellbox12

Sega Bonanza

Post by bellbox12 »

Hi...just bought my first machine from Elephant house auctions. I need to know how to get the mechanism out of the casing. Can anyone help?
coppinpr

Re: Sega Bonanza

Post by coppinpr »

hi and welcome to the best slot forum on the net...by far.
Dont forget we love photos,if pos always post photos ,it helps us a lot to deal with your problems (plus we just like photos :D )

So you have a sega bonanza, to remove the mech
remove the back door
release the two side retainers at the top and remove the top bonnet
there may be a hand bolt holding the mech to the base plate at the bottom but more likly there are two retainers(one on each side of the case) these move up and then the mech is free to move
grab the mech by the main cross bar,slightly lift and pull backwards, change your grip to eachside of the mech and carry,puffing and blowing to the dining table and make a mess putting it down :didact: .

then ask again about cleaning ...we love to help :cool:
coppinpr

Post by coppinpr »

here is a photo of a bonanza star to make it clearer
a = bonnet retainers
b = hand bolt (if present)
c = side retainers (if present)

info.jpg

badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Untitled.png

Paul's machine also has the original clamp (circled) that also needs dropping. It's hinged at the bottom and swings clear, it's astonishing how securely it holds the mechanism to the base plate in the case.
They're often removed, I'd had a couple or three of these before I came across one and nearly gave my hernia a hernia trying to get the mech out before I spotted it.
Likewise you can't put the back door on without having re hooked it up, I fell for that one as well.

BP
treefrog

Post by treefrog »

I bought that fine looking mills console machine JC was selling in the market and when collecting we both struggled to get the mech out as it had an unusual sprung loaded locking mechanism I have never come across before...will post pics when I can...