Allwins all cocks wins penny machine

General vintage slot machine related topics.

Allwins all cocks wins penny machine

Post by Guest »

My dad has an allwins all cocks wins penny machine. Has anyone heard or seen this machine before and, if so, is it of any value?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

The attractive French allwin called The Success "Crowing Cock" Reserve Ball is certainly worth something.

Post by Guest »

Thanks for this information. Is there any website that might have a picture of this particular machine?
Thanks, Lealy.
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Yes, this one!
Attachments
ReserveBall.gif
JC

Post by JC »

Hello Lealy

Perhaps you could post a picture of your machine (or rather your dad's machine) so that we can all see what you're referring to? :D
pennymachines
Site Admin

Post by pennymachines »

Based on the pictures you just sent me Lealy, I think my first guess was pretty close. It appears to be a copy of the elegant French Success "Crowing Cock" Reserve Ball allwin machine. The French machine is pre WWI, whereas your dad's is pre WWII (1930s) or later and based on the fixtures and fittings, looks like it could be an early Oliver Whales (of Redcar) machine. Inevitably, it doesn't have the quality or finess of its predecessor, but it has a certain style and charm of its own.
Attachments
Machine 002.jpg
Machine 004.jpg
JC

Post by JC »

Having studied the above pictures carefully, it appears to be a Saxony Reserve ball conversion. The case is certainly in the style of the mid to late 1920s German machines. A close look at the mechanism reveals cut-outs, redundant screw holes and tapped holes in the payout control arm, all indicating bits missing. Maybe this is a Whales conversion?