General vintage slot machine related topics.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Re: Arcade Photographs

Postby badpenny » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:58 am

moonriver wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:03 am
This fortune teller is similar to the Brighton Museum Adelphi Man Co Gipsy Fortune Teller and only has one central eye in the forehead which is unusual. It doesn't work, and I haven't seen one working, wonder if the eye moves?
To be honest here, I don't really think any of them really work you know?

coppinpr

Interesting arcade photo

Postby coppinpr » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:49 pm

Post merged - Site Admin.

I found this photo and thought at first it must be in the UK because of the sailor in the photo, but on closer examination im not so sure..sailors do travel, at least he seems to have pulled a pretty (but expensive looking) girl. Some interesting machines in the background.
arcade 1943.jpeg

pennymachines
Site Admin

Postby pennymachines » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:15 am

The Bee Amusement Arcade, Blackpool, with Brenner Human Analyst, Bradshaw Green Ray and Wheel Em In sign, from the Cyril Critchlow Collection.
Stalls.jpg

coppinpr

Postby coppinpr » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:43 pm

All the following photos are of arcades (except two) in the USA, but all show interesting machines or are of special interest, which is why I've added them.
The first is a non arcade photo. It shows the staggering collection of single flipper Gotllieb pinballs owned by Mr D.Murphy. They are arranged in chronological order and number 47 machines!

D. Murpheys gottlieb single flipper.jpg
D. Murpheys gottlieb single flipper.jpg (12.94 KiB) Viewed 163 times
The next two are from what "claims" to be the oldest continuous penny arcade in the world. It is in Spring Lake, Rhode Island, and opened in 1929. It still has 11 one penny machines in operation and some of these have been there since 1929.
The first is a fairly modern photo of the arcade and the second is from 1942 and seems to show the same football machine.

oldest arcade 2.jpg
oldest arcade 3.jpg
These three are from Wonderland, Kansas City. Two show their bank of Bingo pin balls. I included these because of the interesting signs above the machines. The third is their "fortune teller corner".

kansas city wonderland bingos.jpg
bingos 1.jpg
wonder5.jpg
This one is the Exhibit Supply show rooms and their jolly sales team (no wonder they eventually went broke).

exibit supply sales team.jpg