Frooty Looty & Whitby visit

General vintage slot machine related topics.
glittering-prize67

Frooty Looty & Whitby visit

Post by glittering-prize67 »

Well guys, I'm off to Whitby for four days. I'm after some info on my Frooty Looty and to see if I can find anything interesting in the arcades. I'm taking my 28 ft tourer caravan. We have booze and BBQ - what more do you need? !!YIPPEE!!
raj

Re: whitby

Post by raj »

Don't forget to call in at Scarborough - one arcade has loads of Bryans wall machines. I can't remember the name; it's on the front on the South Bay near the harbour.
widget2k4

Re: whitby

Post by widget2k4 »

Yeah the Scarborough one is absolute class. :) Spent a whole day in there a few month back playing on the Bryans stuff. :)

What's up with the Frooty Looty ?
pennymachines
Site Admin

Re: Whitby visit

Post by pennymachines »

Hope you took your camera. !!PHOTO!!
glittering-prize67

widget2k4 wrote:What's up with the Frooty Looty ?
Well not much really, it don't auto fill the play hopper and the top LED sign just scrolls numbers and letters instead of the machine name. The hopper will only run low if you use 10p 20p etc. to play. If you use 2p it's fine as it's one in and one out. But I can't find anyone who knows about it.
pennymachines wrote:Hope you took your camera.
To be honest pm, that's one thing I forgot, but I have got one on the tablet and my phone if needed.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

Where you get the Frooty Looty from mate ?
I just sold mine and the top LED just displayed numbers and the alphabet. I couldn't work it out either. The hopper emptied the same as well but I managed to fix that - it was the sensors in the hopper. Someone put both wires to the same side.
glittering-prize67

It came from Great Yarmouth. The plate that opens to divert coins into the win hopper works, but the play hopper don't. It seems like the LED display is self contained as it only has a power supply, and a socket for programming, and the company who distribute them are useless. It plays perfect though. I think this was altered from Kash Kong to Fruity Looty.
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

It's definitely a Kong conversion. If all the coins are going to the back hopper instead of the front right hopper then the machine thinks the hopper in the front right is full. Have you tried pulling one of the wires off the hopper sensor so the machine thinks it's empty to see if it then puts up the solenoid to divert them to the hopper?
glittering-prize67

Someone had already tried that before I bought it. A bit of a wierd machine I think.
glittering-prize67

Re: Frooty Looty & Whitby visit

saw the bryans machines and played them,also pinched some money pots for my garage arcade.but the weekend was crap and it ends there due to a serious breakdown costing us £500 to get the car and van home as the rac more or less told us to get lost.We are taking them to court.Stranded 140 miles from home and rac member for 4 years and left us on the moors.They have peed off the wrong person here. !PUNISH!
widget2k4

Post by widget2k4 »

RAC are total wan**rs they did the same to me so they got dumped for the AA.
badpenny
Forum Moderator

Post by badpenny »

Both of the big two have hacked me off, there is no such thing as customer loyalty now.
I renewed with Britannia.
glittering-prize67

Well, most companies are rip off merchants these days, so not bothering with any. I'm selling my car and getting a newer VW 4x4. And will organise my own rescue as and when needed like I did last time. Sod the so called rescue companies. !!THUMBSX2!!